Post Your 50mm f2 Hexanon Pictures

Nigel Meaby

Well-known
Local time
6:19 PM
Thought it was time to see some more work with this great lens! Please post your Hexanon photo's. This one is at F2 and at .7m.

Last edited:
4297874372_91f1e251fa_o.jpg

The first photo is good in itself and also shows the quality of the lens. My overhauled M3 has begun the journey back to me, and as soon as I have it I hope to do low light work with the Fujicolor 800 film that is sitting around. For the first time in my life I have fast lenses in the three focal lengths I use.

Payasam thanks for the comments. Picture was taken in Haridwar in September. I'd previously spent time up in Ladakh with David Shackleton from Canada, who sent you a piece of kit you'd bought from him, while he was in Ladakh. Hope you got it ok?

Nigel, just this morning I was looking at your flickr stream and your shots taken with the Hex in India. Some nice portraits indeed.

Here's some shots from mine on the RD1.

3817369733_589b08c0c0.jpg

3941395251_4c80ef12e1.jpg

3918480575_b3d0afce87.jpg

3919266864_8ae1b6ac8e.jpg

Yes, Nigel, I got the magnifier that David sent me: and I sold it pretty soon because it stuck out like a wart and because I didn't fancy putting it on and taking it off repeatedly.

But to return to the Hexanon. The built-in hood strikes me as something of a joke. At the same time I have heard that the lens is pretty much flare-free. What has been your experience?

I like the built-in hood and pretty much always use it. I can't remember ever having any problems with flare. Coincidence?????

I quite like built in hoods such as on the Hex. Does the job it's designed to do, although it won't offer the lens much protection if it's hit. I've not encountered any flare but I've not tested it as such, just taken real world photo's and so far it's never let me down. It's the only 50 I really need.

Nigel,
I thought that was you taking my Picture. Sorry, I forgot to comb my hair. Great Shot
4297874372_91f1e251fa_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back