Post your best animal or wildlife photos!

Dear Board,

A young Pileated woodpecker that was born and fledged in my backyard during Covid 2020. I watched this bird and it's sibling go from sitting on an old stump in the backyard and having mom and dad fly out and airdrop food to them to seeing them come right up and dig in.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Baby Pileated 7-29-20-1 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Dear Board,

Somehow I've lost the file of the most recent picture of this dude from October 2022, so you will have to settle for a trail cam picture.

This bear was literally a fixture in my backyard for 5 or 6 years. He destroyed $ 100.00 worth of bird feeders and poles every year over over that time.

I'll find the better picture, but he was my arch nemesis and my best bud for a long time.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

MFDC0996 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Dear Board,

Somehow I've lost the file of the most recent picture of this dude from October 2022, so you will have to settle for a trail cam picture.

This bear was literally a fixture in my backyard for 5 or 6 years. He destroyed $ 100.00 worth of bird feeders and poles every year over over that time.

I'll find the better picture, but he was my arch nemesis and my best bud for a long time.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

MFDC0996 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr
Damn!! He is a big fellow!

A couple of oldies but goodies. Can't believe it's been 15 years since I took these photos.

Attachments

• DSC_3554 (539 of 3124).JPG
    DSC_3554 (539 of 3124).JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_3584 (569 of 3124).JPG
    DSC_3584 (569 of 3124).JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 7

000011.jpg
by Richard, on Flickr

I was hunting one of these one very hot day at the bottom of the hill. A couple of weeks earlier my wife had come home with this ancient, elegant and rather defiant little lizard on the path beneath the trees, sunning himself in a patch of light, captured very well on her iPhone. I was astounded. Eastern Water Dragons, common, supposedly in south eastern Australia. We have lived here for twenty years and never seen one or heard of them being here. I was down there like a mad Englishman in the midday sun with my Hasselblad and tripod with the 150 Sonnar. One lunch time I spied the characteristic shoulders up attentive posture, but I scared him. A few days later I walked along the shaded narrower path and walked very slowly. On the way back I saw something on a metal grate that was not there before. Fallen bark? No. In the viewfinder he was no longer there, but a quick pan to the right and there he was. Even in that time he'd managed to camouflage himself specific to my vantage point, channeling fallen leaves for his body and tail, and blending into the dark trunks and forest green for his head and shoulders. After this I saw many more, including lots of little ones when this guy fled to the river's edge.

I once aspired to be a backyard bird photographer. Unfortunately my files are a disaster with almost all the early stuff on one of the separate drives I have (somewhere). Eventually I gave up bird photography and just use binoculars now.

_B190014-1-1-1-1-2.jpg

Back