post your vintage negative scans here

Toby

On the alert
Local time
4:58 AM
About two months ago my mother in law sent me an envelope of medium format negatives of my wife when she was a toddler. From what I can gather they were taken on a box brownie camera with kodak colour negative film. From my wife's age in the photos (I guess she's about two) the negatives must be 35 years old. I find the quality of these negatives amazing and it just goes to show photography hasn't advanced as much as photographic industry would have us believe.

Attachments

• glenn2.jpg
    glenn2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • glenn1.jpg
    glenn1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
wow - I wonder if we'll be able to send jpgs 35 years from now, and have them still retain this much data. Wonderful color.

It really amazes me how well the scans from older color negatives turn out. This one is 1970 or 1971, back in the Kodacolor-X (ISO 80, IIRC) vintage ...

Attachments

• bb1w.jpg
    bb1w.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0
found under floorboards in a house my other halfs brother was gutting out. reckon they might be 20's / 30's....complete guess. they are in bits but flatbed scanned them and reversed them in ps. wierd eh ?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
foolproof said:
found under floorboards in a house my other halfs brother was gutting out. reckon they might be 20's / 30's....complete guess. they are in bits but flatbed scanned them and reversed them in ps. wierd eh ?

Wahh........

I really like number 2!

On my grandmother's death, I gained access to an endless box of old negatives. Here's one of them- Grandma and Grandpa, circa roughly 1930. Needless to say I feel extremely fortunate to have these, though it would have been nice to ask about them before she was gone...

Attachments

• GandG.jpg
    GandG.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 0
My wife is the family historian of her tribe which means I've had lots of scanning experience getting her old stuff digitized. This is a typical kind of shots in the collection, taken in 1944 by her grandfather using some old folder. It's a shot of her aunt and her aunt's nephews, in her grandpa's back yard. These old photos really help with family history.

Gene

Attachments

• 19440000-hh-15--gertrude-sue-nichols-brother.jpg
    19440000-hh-15--gertrude-sue-nichols-brother.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 0
foolproof said:

I have a few of my grandfather from while he was in the navy. An album full of photographs my father took in vietnam as well.

I'll have to dig them up these photos are great, keep em coming.

-Mitch

Agfacolor CN17 from 1961

Agfacolor CN17 from 1961

An Agfacolor CN17 snapshot from ca.1961. This is a full frame scan from a 6x6 negative from a yellow-masked Agfacolor CN17 negative. The lady on the right is my aunt, and this photo was taken in Manila, Philippines. Agfacolor CN17 had a speed of 17Din/40ASA, according to the original negative envelope.

Attachments

• agfacolorcn17-em.jpg
    agfacolorcn17-em.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back