Post your X100 photos

Jamie Pillers

Skeptic
Local time
9:47 PM
Lets create a place here to post X100 photos (Moderator - can this be a 'sticky'?) Here are some my first images using this camera.

First day out with the X100

X100lake2CG.jpg

Less than 24 hours in I'm liking this. All JPEGS. I haven't learnt yet what to do with the RAW workflow. Out of respect the first one is the Hexar, a little worried I think.

Hexar AF by Richard GM2, on Flickr

the next two ISO 1250, ridiculously good:

from the MOMA shop by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Royal Arcade by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Little Collins St by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Cafe, Block Lane by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Block Lane by Richard GM2, on Flickr

a little bright:

Cnr Elizabeth and Collins by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Needed Marco:

Cnr Elizabeth and Collins by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Collins St by Richard GM2, on Flickr

Here's a couple - I'm finding the focus to be hit or miss, and ISO management a bit hinky.

5772961242_4e0da627e0_z.jpg

5772960912_5fcbf16969_z.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first time to post images here as I'm new to the digital rangefinder style of shooting! I must say that I'm loving shooting the Fuji X100 in low light situations, people just react differently to the smaller package than my Canon 5D Mark II!
Here are a few images that I took this weekend at my wife's grandparents home. The gentleman in these photos is on hospice care now, but at one time was a great member of the Marine Corp.

_DSF5531-Edit-web-B&W by benjie edmonson, on Flickr
ISO 640 F2 1/45 sec

_DSF5494-Edit-web by benjie edmonson, on Flickr
ISO 1000 F2.8 1/90 sec

_DSF5475-web-B&W by benjie edmonson, on Flickr
ISO 1600 F4.0 1/40 sec

_DSF5430-Edit-web-B&W by benjie edmonson, on Flickr
ISO 1000 F4.0 1/35 sec

But that's what these images are about! If you saw the woman's face in the first image, you wouldn't likely think about the colors. The second image is about the strange disconnects our consumer society creates. And the third is only about the word "urban" and the scene that surrounds it. :)

Nice work.. I can't decide which one I like best. You certainly use off horizonal/vertical to creative advantage. Now, how do I get my X100 to take such good photos? Let;s see.. it does have a fully auto setting.

Back