Praise for Leica Store Lisse

Huss

Mentor
Local time
2:18 PM
I bought a mint Rolleiflex 2.8GX Jahre 60 from them, at a price much lower than what anyone else was offering for the same thing on ebay.

They shipped it free, from the Netherlands to USA.

Something may have happened in shipping as it did not work properly when I got it, the shutter and aperture dials were really stiff. I had it serviced and fixed for $195. I sent a jpg of the receipt to them and they immediately refunded me the money.

Duncan Meeder helped me through the process. A+

Duncan is the best; he has been great for me on several occasions.
You cannot get a better dealer in my opinion!
His store is also very well stocked with all kinds of wonderful cameras and equipment, also 2nd hand.

I bought a mint Rolleiflex 2.8GX Jahre 60 from them, at a price much lower than what anyone else was offering for the same thing on ebay.

They shipped it free, from the Netherlands to USA.

Something may have happened in shipping as it did not work properly when I got it, the shutter and aperture dials were really stiff. I had it serviced and fixed for $195. I sent a jpg of the receipt to them and they immediately refunded me the money.

Duncan Meeder helped me through the process. A+
It is the way good dealers work. I had a similar experience with Meister Camera in Berlin, I bought an Elmar-M 90, which appeared to be just fine. I sent it in to Leica for coding and they found decentering which would cost about 600 Euro to fix. I contacted the shop, they told "we'll handle it" and I got the lens back like new -without any charge, not even for the coding.
I agree fully about the comments about Henny Hoogeveen. I attended the opening of their Leica Store. An impressive event with a strong Leica presence-including CEO.

It is the way good dealers work..

Agreed. Which leads me to describe the opposite of this experience. When I bought my Leica M-E new, I decided to buy it from a local famous shop in LA - Samy's Camera . The reason being I wanted to support my local business, and figured that for such an expensive purchase if anything went wrong they would be right there to support me.
I could have ordered it from one of the big NY stores and saved tax - with my total purchases that would have been over $1000 in savings. That was my commitment to supporting local.
Anyway, something did go wrong while under warranty - the sensor issue - but Samy's wanted to charge me over $100 shipping to send it to Leica NJ. They said, and I quote "who do you expect to pay for shipping?"
I told them they've lost my business, and if I knew that they would be like this then I would have saved tax and bought it from one of the NY stores. I then took it to Leica Shop Los Angeles (which had just opened) and they treated me incredibly well, and took care of everything.

This is why it is worth bringing attention to those who provide excellent service. They deserve it.

Back