Leica LTM Pre-war Leica glass, show your photos

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
This was shot with my uncoated 1939 Summar on my Leica IIIc. Exposure was a guess:

9725685852_715ba0d099_o.jpg

Great shot, Ade!

Would make a lovely birthday present as a print :)

I love how that uncoated lens renders his hair and the grass in the background.

A couple from another roll of Superpan 200 with my Xenon (on another Leica IIIc) taken last week in the historic town of Durbuy.

CH130932.jpg

CH130938.jpg

CH130939.jpg

Starting to like my Xenon a lot :)

Grrr...my last roll shot with some pre-war Leica glass failed to come back from the lab. Second time they lost one of my rolls in as many months. :(

Erik, you're wringing some incredible sharpness out of this beauty.

Second time they lost one of my rolls in as many months. :(

Erik, you're wringing some incredible sharpness out of this beauty.

Sad story, Rick. I don't know if it was color or black and white. When black and white, you should develop yourself. It is really easy and takes hardly any time.

I am happy too with the sharpness of the Elmar. I have this camera for many years, but didn't use it because of the internal haze inside the lens. The lens was sharp, but there was no contrast.

Finally I managed to take off (without damage) the frontal retaining ring, wich holds the front element. It was REALLY tight. There were two holes in it made at an earlier attempt to remove it. My repairman didn't dare to do it. With a piece of tape I then could pop uit the front element. The rest was easy.

Erik.

I just got off the phone with the shop, apparently the roll was running late because someone had filled out the envelope incorrectly. So they made prints. Should have some scans by tomorrow.

I've never dared to open up my 1946 Elmar to clean the inside of the front lens element when I still had it. I was slightlye less worried opening up a FED-50 to clean out the condensation.
I need to use my 1936 Elmar again one of these days, when I grow tired of the Xenon. ;)

I will be photographing some Gothic/Fantasy/Steampunk/WW2 models this weekend, haven't decided on which lenses to take. Leaning towards my 1937 90mm f/4 Elmar for portraits.

Back