Preferred non-US lab for Velvia 100?

jaredangle

Photojournalist
Local time
6:20 PM
Hello everyone! Several years ago, I got my hands on a large batch of Velvia 100 and shot/processed the majority of it between 2015-2019, with great results. Then when I traveled to Pakistan recently for work, I shot a few more rolls up in the mountains that I am eager to process. However, I had no idea until I showed up at the lab that Velvia 100 is now restricted due to updated environmental regulations in the US. I have 3 rolls to process plus 8 remaining rolls to shoot (I am going to Laos soon for work and plan to shoot all of them on that trip). Does anyone know of a good lab (preferably Canada/Mexico/EU) that can process Velvia 100 and is reliable to mail to/back from?

Maybe try:

or

A while back, when Velvia 100 was banned from the US, I contacted Dwayne's to see what their policy would be on processing. I was told then that there would be no issue processing it, but as it turns out, I still have mine sitting in the freezer. It might be worth your while to contact them and determine their current policy. If they are still accepting Velvia 100, then I would highly recommend them, as I would for any E-6 processing.

Perhaps shoot a quick email over to Mike at AgX Imaging in Sault Ste. Marie. He only processes E6 film. For what's it's worth, his lab is about two miles from Ontario.

Jim B.

Back