Price increase for Kodak Ektar 100.

Pfreddee

Well-known
Local time
6:40 AM
Digital wins another round. I called my local real camera store, and found out that the price for Kodak Ektar 100 has jumped from $7.95 a roll to $9.95. I will be using my film camera for B/W only; I don't want to pay that much for color film when my D7000 does wonder color work. Just saying'.

With best regards.

Pfreddee(Stephen)

Yea! You win! With digital! Sheeze.....sorry you feel that way.

In 30 years, when your decedents wonder why there are no existing images from your generation, after the Great Harddrive Crash...they'll know who the loser was.

Ouch. I just bought some Ektar for $5.50 at B&H though it's usually $7.50. It does say limited quantities at that price though.

Let's hope this was local to your camera shop and not indicative of an across the board price increase. I rather like Ektar!

Just went to have a look at B&H. Ektar 100 is being sold for $5.50 a roll. Looks like I'l be ordering my color film from them. Quite a difference.

With best regards.

Pfreddee(Stephen)

No need for ektar 100... i still have ektar 25, unfortunately ONLY ONE. never exposed one ever. but there will be a low iso-film from italy i think. slide/cn? ferrania?

I like the colors in Ektar 100, but don't like having to have a lab develop my film. I used to have color film developed at Costco, but LTI is a bit more professional, but nobody will treat your film as good you you will.... I'm glad B&H still has decent prices and carries fresh film.

No need for ektar 100... i still have ektar 25, unfortunately ONLY ONE. never exposed one ever. but there will be a low iso-film from italy i think. slide/cn? ferrania?

Ektar 25 is a film legendary for it's short shelf life. The color couplers used in that film were tremendously unstable. I would never use a film like that today for anything important as the colors will certainly be very substandard.

For over 1 1/2 year the Kodak Ektar 100 film in 135-36 was dumped by DM Drogerie in Germany: Eur. 2,15 !! You can imagine .....

Yesterday I ordered some Kodak products from B&H. Portra 400 in 120 rolls was reasonably priced, but in 220 they were asking $75 USD for a box of 5! I couldn't believe it.

One roll of Portra 400 in 120 is currently $5.50, but the same thing in 220 costs $13.95. For one roll! Very strange.

Ektar was around $5 USD a roll, still reasonable. I bought some of that as well.

One roll of Portra 400 in 120 is currently $5.50, but the same thing in 220 costs $13.95. For one roll! Very strange.

220 roll film will be finished very soon ...... It is how it is.

Yesterday I ordered some Kodak products from B&H. Portra 400 in 120 rolls was reasonably priced, but in 220 they were asking $75 USD for a box of 5! I couldn't believe it.

It is not strange at all. It has to do with the fact that 220 film is now a niche product sold only in small numbers and has different requirements in the production process, so any fixed costs have to be shared between a much smaller number of product, which makes it a relatively expensive product to produce in comparison to 120. Anyone who still needs or wants to use 220 film for one reason or the other will have to pay that premium, everyone else is better off with buying 120.

When film price hikes it's doomed. When it's sold cheaper than regular it means film is purged before desupport. Doomed either way!

Back