Prime Film XAs VueScan Problems

Local time
11:29 AM
Hey there,

so as stupid as I am I purchased the license for VueScan. I've seen a lot of people who are using it with my scanner (Pacific Image Prime Film XAs). I am running both on macOS Big Sur. Unfortunately though, VueScan cannot find my scanner. I am really frustrated now that I spend so much and wanted to ask if someone here knows how to fix this.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Hey there,

so as stupid as I am I purchased the license for VueScan. I've seen a lot of people who are using it with my scanner (Pacific Image Prime Film XAs). I am running both on macOS Big Sur. Unfortunately though, VueScan cannot find my scanner. I am really frustrated now that I spend so much and wanted to ask if someone here knows how to fix this.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Did you not check the VueScan "supported scanners" list prior to purchasing VueScan?... I don't see any Pacific Image brand scanners listed.

If the VueScan software does not have a driver for the Pacific Image Prime Film XAs, it will not be able to recognize or operate it. I did a quick google search for people using this scanner with VueScan, and also for YouTube videos demonstrating it, and found nothing other than references to people saying "Oh, you should get VueScan to use it ..."

Probably the best thing to do is to contact VueScan (link: http://www.hamrick.com/problem-report.html) and ask whether this scanner can be used with it, and whether there are any special needs to configure the system to use it.

G

This scanner is the same as Reflecta 10M.

Check if that scanner is supported in Vuescan. You still might need to install OEM supplied drivers to get Vuescan to work with this scanner.

Thank you for the replies. There's a brand called Reflecta (which is on the list), who produces the Reflecta RPS 10m, which is the exact same model as the Prime Film XA's. There are actually quite a lot of people using this scanner with VueScan (ie. YT: grainydays, Shootswithcoops) and I also reached out to the customer service if the scanner is supported by VueScan. If the scanner is not supported, Vue Scan does not recognize the scanner.

Thank you for the replies. There's a brand called Reflecta (which is on the list), who produces the Reflecta RPS 10m, which is the exact same model as the Prime Film XA's. There are actually quite a lot of people using this scanner with VueScan (ie. YT: grainydays, Shootswithcoops) and I also reached out to the customer service if the scanner is supported by VueScan. If the scanner is not supported, Vue Scan does not recognize the scanner.

I have this scanner, running it through VueScan on an up to date Mac. Works great.
You may need to upgrade to the 64bit version of Vuescan (I did).
At any rate, contact Vuescan - I have found them to be very helpful in solving problems.

I have this scanner, running it through VueScan on an up to date Mac. Works great.
You may need to upgrade to the 64bit version of Vuescan (I did).
At any rate, contact Vuescan - I have found them to be very helpful in solving problems.

That's a good point ... For macOS Big Sur, be sure you are running VueScan 9 x64 (v9.7.59). If the Reflecta 10M is the same scanner as the Prime Film, it should recognize it then with nothing else needed.

And please follow up when you receive a response from VueScan support. :)

G

That's a good point ... For macOS Big Sur, be sure you are running VueScan 9 x64 (v9.7.59). If the Reflecta 10M is the same scanner as the Prime Film, it should recognize it then with nothing else needed.

And please follow up when you receive a response from VueScan support. :)

G

I will keep you up to date, thank you!:)

Hey there,

so as stupid as I am I purchased the license for VueScan.

But you have the OEM supplied CyberView X and/or Silverfast SE running on Big Sur with no problems?

That's a good point ... For macOS Big Sur, be sure you are running VueScan 9 x64 (v9.7.59).

You can't run ANY 32bit executables in Big Sur, so OP already is using 64bit Vuescan.

You can't run ANY 32bit executables in Big Sur, so OP already is using 64bit Vuescan.

The implicit goal was that he was running the latest version, which has some bug fixes and optimizations specifically for Big Sur.

G

Back