Israel Prisma shop in Jerusalem

lZr

L&M
Local time
5:22 AM
I was in standby for my HC-110 bottle, 1 liter Ilford Rapid fixer, 5 HP5+ and 5 Fuji Reala rolls. 480 NSh! ($120). The shop is pricy like in Europe. $9 for HP5+? Where we go?
$5.5 for Reala? $20 for HC-110 1/2 liter the Euro dilution?

Guys from Jerusalem, be warned. My calculator is pointing to B&H for cheaper deal!

Last edited:
Lazar, you may consider stocking up in Jugend or PhotoFilm (bot in TA - Allenby/Ben Yehuda). Ilford stuff (films) are indeed considerbly more expensive then compatitive Kodak onces (HP5+ is about twice as more as Tri-X 400 which is about 13-14 NIS per roll as far as I remember), but their prices (on film and chemistry) are still in-line (more or less) with those from B&H, so you just save on overseas shipment and handling.
I paid (few weeks ago) in Jugend about 13-14 NIS (or was it 16-18 ?) for Tri-X (per roll of course), about 13-15 NIS for Plus-X (compatitive Ilford films was in general 30%-70% more expensive) and in PhotoFilm paid 39.30 NIS (approx. 9-10$) for a half-liter bottle of European HC-110.
Tetenal Superfix Plus (1 liter bottle) there was 53 NIS, and new Jobo 1520 tank was noticeably cheaper then the one priced at B&H (not including S&H) which was very nice surprise to me....

Good Morning IZr !:D

(good evening in fact now in Jerusalem)

Cheers,
Ruben

Try phoning to Tel Aviv "Photofilm".

Photofilm prices are knowm to me. PhotoFilm refuses to send chemicals.
I want bulk film HP5+ and it is best to get it from B&H, including more stuff to compensate for the shipment. By the way I bought HC-110 for 39.30 NSh from PhotoFilm. Prisma is asking 60.
Jugend is closing the chemicals stuff slow, but for sure

Last edited:
I buy bulk loads for years from fotofilm,and use tetenal ultrafin developer(very cheap per roll and gives great results) ilford stop and ilford\agfa fixer(I have both for a couple of years and they dont run out)

Guys, just out of curiosity: how do you handle with bulk film ? I often encounter people use bulk film, RFers in particular, that made me curious how do you manage with it and whether the savings are that real comparative to shooting regular rolls ?

How do you load and in which kind of cassettes ? How do you measure the necessary length to get loaded ?

Alex

Alex,
You need special box for the bulk film and there are cartridges to roll the film. You can dial the number of frames you want on the box. I like to roll 10 or 12 frames for short testings. Also, you can use old canisters to roll you films

Reference the above, for bulk-loading, if you have a really completely dark darkroom then you can do away with the daylight-loader and just put a few nails at the right distance in a workbench top to measure the film by feel. It worked for me as a poor student anyway :) (Tip, roll the film in to the cassette before taking the far end off the nail.....)

Back