Oregon Processing Labs in Portland

dominicLF

EV Zero
Local time
2:36 PM
I’m wondering what you think is the best processing lab in town. I’ve used the big chains and I’ve used Citizens Photo. Nothing around here seems to hold a candle to the good mail order labs, such as A&I. I don’t develop my own color and it would be great if there was a really good color lab in town.

For film processing in the Portland Oregon area try Blue Moon (the only one in the area that still does optical enlargements, no digital scanning of negatives and the printing from the digital scan). Blue Moon also does Minox to 8x10 processing, has 620, 110, 126 and 127 film in stock (as well as the Minox loads), will hand process black and white and basically tries to be a true photography store aimed at the film diehards. They also have the largest used equipment display that I have ever seen. No, I am not connected with them, I just like dealing with a good camera store that strives to live up to "customre service" values.

karl

PS: they are located off of Lombard in the St. John's District and are open Saturdays till 3pm as well as Mon-Fri till 5pm

Thanks, Karl! I have heard of this shop, but I didn’t even know they were film processors. I’ve been meaning to go there sometime because I have heard that they have all kinds of obscure parts for building lenses and repairing old cameras. I’ll try to check them out this week.

PhotoCraft does an excellent job with color work, but they certainly aren't cheap. I'm told custom color work from the Camera World counter goes there at a slightly better price. Both are downtown, within a couple blocks of each other.
Quick Stop, also downtown, does a good consistent job on conventional B&W processing and is kind to the negs. Hollywood Camera on the east side is a dropoff point for QS.

Back