Washington (state) Puget Sound Musings

K14

Well-known
Local time
7:38 AM
Been awhile since I've patronized this place after being in jail. I miss seeing you guys at the U on the Ave.

An impromptu trip took me up to Tulip Town where I used to dance with sheet film and the tulips of years gone by. I been off the ferry for a long time and it is hard to get back on or even stay on. I really wasn't expecting much, the walgreens film in my barnack had been in there for over a year.

I grabbed my purple hazed summar and another roll of that funky walgreens and headed out, got there and yeah, packed to the gills with people. I saw a group of 20 or so Harley hogs tip-toeing through the pinks, the world is changing. I started by snapping some digital pics with the driod, just lame! I then made a round with the nookie and then another round with the just the summar and finished the roll.

Next day headed down to Kenmore, wow has that place changed with the new digs! The old days of light tables, pushing and cross-pollinating are gone. A month ago I'd asked the counter guy if they still process 110. 110??? Yeah it is advertised on your site. ;-) They sill process 41 and for 2 buck 45, it's still a good deal.

Headed home and got out the old epson scanner and dusted it off, crikey has it been that long? The old laptop is a IBM stinkpad, the Xp splash screen takes me back.

Dodge and burn digital? One day I just might conform.

Cheers to all my big time family!

Attachments

• Tulip_Town_2016 (9).jpg
    Tulip_Town_2016 (9).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Tulip_Town_2016 (2).jpg
    Tulip_Town_2016 (2).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
I think those shots look fine, I have trouble with C-41 post processing when there is a lot of red and green in the photo. You did well.

I used to live near the Sound, I don't remember Tulip Town.

Tulip town came and went early this year! I heard they closed and cut the flowers 2 weeks early as they were wilting under the heat.

Yes, Kenmore Camera's C-41 development is still a good deal, kind of hard to quick and dirty labs anymore now that Walgreens / Costco / Walmart either don't develop film anymore, or don't return your negatives (!).

Been awhile since I've patronized this place after being in jail. I miss seeing you guys at the U on the Ave.

This would be extremely easy to fix! :D

We were up in the Tulip grounds two weeks ago, on a Thursday. Definitely the right time to go. Trunk was filled with six cameras!

Old Sol is just around the corner, maybe we should have some practice runs!

Back