Question about the light meter on GSN's

Joon525

Local time
1:58 PM
I recently obtained a GSN from ebay and the battery test light illuminates as well as the "slow" and "over" lights.

My question is this, is the camera supposed to make any audible noise when the shutter is half pressed and the "slow" or "over" light illuminate?

I could've sworn that when I first put the battery in and tried testing it out that there was some type of noise but I never heard it since that first time.

I've since loaded the first roll of film which is almost completed and could just wait and see what comes back from the lab but then I found this forum and thought that I would ask even before the roll was done.

Likely some solenoid chatter, resulting from a dirty contact. I've got an MG-1 that used to sound like someone was inside it doing some arc welding. Sat down one day, and activated the shutter release about fifty times, and it went away.

PF

Yes, Yashicas sometimes make funny "electrical" sounds when depressing the shutter. It can sound like a slight whistling buzz as the shutter button is pushed down. Some cameras make this sound, some don't, it comes and goes. But the sound doesn't affect the operation of the camera.

I remember my GS giving odd squirrelly sounds when making long exposures. The exposures were always immaculate.

Yes, it makes a noise with slow speeds, like a buzz. Remember if you need to under/overexpose set the iso dial accordingly.

Back