Question about the TX-1 30mm view finder

RJNear

Local time
3:35 AM
Hi

I am new to this forum and I am very impressed with the knowledge here. I have been shooting film again with a used Xpan MK1 and the 45mm lens for the past few months and loving every minute of it. I have a chance to pick up a used 30mm f5.6 lens for the TX-1 in what looks like new condition. I know it will fit the Xpan and at much lower cost than the Hasselblad brand. My concern the 30mm view finder looks different than the Hasselbald version, it clips directly into the hot shoe and the eye piece is dirrectly above the hot shoe. The Hasselblad unit connects to the hot shoe but the eye piece is directly over the cameras eye piece, is this a old Fuji version and is it problematic? Any thoughts you can provide on this would be great.

Thanks
Robert

www.RJNPhoto.com

Welcome to RFF, Robert! Does the lens come with the graduated center filter? I hear it's very disirable for the 30mm, and expensive. Afraid I don't have the experience to comment on the viewfinders, but others here do...

Hi Robert. I'm new here too, but have a number of different RF systems, and have used them for a long time. I have used a TX-1 for a number of years, and have had the 30 (Hasselblad version) almost as long. I haven't seen the viewfinder you describe, but the Hasselblad viewfinder is atrocious, in my opinion, so what you describes sounds better. Does it have a bubble level? That's a real benefit, but the offset from the shoe just makes the whole thing really bulky to no benefit.

As Doug mentioned, the centre filter is essential.

Back