Question for Makina 67 owners

liohere

Local time
4:40 AM
Hello all,

Recently I got a Makina 67 but I noticed something a bit odd on the viewfinder frame lines.
When the camera bellows is retracted the lines are perfectly aligned at infinity but when I extend it until the *click* sound I noticed that the top left line gets a bit out of place even considering that the focus is still at infinity.
I never owned a Makina 67 before so I'm not sure if this particular behavior is part of the parallax correction or there is something wrong with the camera?

Here's a graphical representation:

makina-viewfinder.png

^ So yours is kinda opposite OP's ! Peter

No, from how I understand OP’s description of how their frame lines operate, mine operate in the same way. The top left corner is aligned with the bottom left and top right corners when the camera is closed and not extended, and when the bellows extend and click into place, my top left corner frame lines subtly but noticeable move downward and to the right.

My 67 matches the behavior of yours - when the lens board clicks out into place, the frame lines do indeed slightly shift on the top left.

That's interesting! I asked some Makina 67 owners about that and kinda never noticed that. Did you noticed that before or just now?
I guess the frame lines are supposed to be like on the 67 but not on the 670.
Would be great having another owner to get the full confirmation. This is not written in the manual and I didn't found anyone questioning this detail.

That's interesting! I asked some Makina 67 owners about that and kinda never noticed that. Did you noticed that before or just now?
I guess the frame lines are supposed to be like on the 67 but not on the 670.
Would be great having another owner to get the full confirmation. This is not written in the manual and I didn't found anyone questioning this detail.

I definitely never noticed it until I tested it to see if it replicated yours. The shift is very subtle. And I’d rarely ever be looking through the viewfinder while extending the bellows in the past.

Back