Question for the SR-T savy here

AlwaysOnAuto

Well-known
Local time
4:49 AM
I've always wanted a black body SR-T as that is really the first camera I 'fell in love with' when using my neighbors camera.
My question is, how hard is it to change the 'body parts' from a working chrome model to black ones if you have a black body that doesn't work but the chrome one does?

I did this several years ago. As I recall it was straight forward swap. I do recall the only tricky part was the trim around the lens mount. Still not difficult just more to do if you want it to look nice.

Thanks!
I would not be upset to have a 'one of a kind' looking SR-T. I don't really shoot film any more but am enough of a 'gearhead' to really want a black body SR-T. I can still remember when I borrowed my neighbor's camera to shoot out at Riverside Raceway way back when. His camera was a joy to use, even though I loaded it incorrectly and the film didn't advance at all. I wasn't upset at my novice mistake at all. What really upset me was finding out what a kluge of a camera I'd ordered when my Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL showed up when I compared it to the Minolta.

The SR-T 303 is more functional camera than the 101 as it has a split focusing screen and aperture readout on the viewfinder. It is usually more expensive too. I have both and i use the 303 more.

In terms of value for money a black SRT101 will do just fine.

Back