Rangefinder by Roger Hicks and Frances Schultz, Happy New Year

I read about Michael's. Very sad news, although frankly I never bought anything from them. The prices and service were better at other city shops for me. Unfortunately those other city shops I favoured have now moved out of downtown, leaving nowhere to browse when I'm there.
Michael's camera museum though was a treasure. I hope it finds a new home.

Michaels closed tonight for the last time. From here on they are online only. As far as I could tell I was the last customer/non-staff member out of the store. They hope to donate the camera museum collection to an institution. Sad.

Marty

You're kidding. Michaels gone? I don't live in Melbourne but anytime I went there, Michaels was always on the agenda. Couldn't count how many hours I spent exploring in the museum. What a treasure trove. Along with the demise of Thomas' Music Store several years ago is there anything left to visit in Melbourne?...Sad.

Michaels closed tonight for the last time. From here on they are online only. As far as I could tell I was the last customer/non-staff member out of the store. They hope to donate the camera museum collection to an institution. Sad.

Marty

What the heck! No! This is crazy, I'm reeling right now. :( :confused: :eek:

Did they have crazy sales before closing? And that camera museum has to go to a good home, it has to. Ughhh... :(

Roger and Frances. I miss them both greatly. They were different, but personalities.

Thanks for posting this uplifting story. I miss Roger. I was fortunate enough to strike up an internet friendship with him and corresponded for several years. I have a number of their books, all excellent. Enjoy the book.

nice story and thanks for sharing. went to look online what the book looks like, looks like it was published 2003.

Roger had excellent command of English language. I remember some forum members learned that the hard way when debating with him :p

Back