Rapidwinder for ltm

Jerevan

Recycled User
Local time
3:43 AM
Somewhat inspired by Leicaisms' MOOLY-C Leica in the "Show off your Leica I/II/III/LTM Camera" thread, I started to look for less expensive alternatives (the earlier versions of the MOOLY don't seem to be very reliable and SCNOOs are priced out of range). Then I remembered the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder for screwmount leicas.

Does anyone use the Barnack winders regularly and what's the verdict?

I have a Canon IIS2 that came with a bottom winder, but found that it added unnecessary weight and size to this the svelt japanese Barnack beauty, so now it is rarely used.
a regular bottom cover is now used most of the time.
the winder does make the camera look cool and fully dressed though.

Rapidwinder for ltm

Jerevan said:
Somewhat inspired by Leicaisms' MOOLY-C Leica in the "Show off your Leica I/II/III/LTM Camera" thread, I started to look for less expensive alternatives (the earlier versions of the MOOLY don't seem to be very reliable and SCNOOs are priced out of range). Then I remembered the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder for screwmount leicas.

-------------------

Jerevan...if you get a MOOLY, make sure you get the activating arm with it; otherwise it will be useless...regards, bob cole

Rapidwinder for ltm [more]

Rapidwinder for ltm [more]

Jerevan said:

Here's a pix of the arm from Stephen Gandy's cameraquest site...

http://www.cameraquest.com/jpg2/mooly2a.jpg

I know this is way off topic...but

Either a Canon V-T or VI-T body might be less expensive and not a lot bigger than adding a winder to one of the earlier bodies. AND...you get 35-50-100 framelines in the viewfinder.:D

venchka said:
I know this is way off topic...but

Either a Canon V-T or VI-T body might be less expensive and not a lot bigger than adding a winder to one of the earlier bodies. AND...you get 35-50-100 framelines in the viewfinder.:D

But it would mean using a Canon and not a Leica ;)

Any surplus Canon Rapid Winders?

Any surplus Canon Rapid Winders?

xayraa33 said:
I have a Canon IIS2 that came with a bottom winder, but found that it added unnecessary weight and size to this the svelt japanese Barnack beauty, so now it is rarely used.
a regular bottom cover is now used most of the time.
the winder does make the camera look cool and fully dressed though.

I'm looking for a bottom ("Canon Rapid Winder") for a Canon IVS2. In celebration of 50 years in photography, I've been acquiring on eBay one representative of each of the cameras with which I parted ways over the past 50 years. Until tonight, I had repossessed one of them all, except for one.

In 1972, a burglar stole a IVS2 with a rapid winder from my office desk in Manhattan, and I've lamented it ever since, because it was one of many cameras passed down to me by my recently deceased photographer father.

Tonight, my kids suprised me with a lovely IVS2. If anyone on the forum has a winder they'd be willing to part with reasonably, I'd pay $$$ plus the bottom plate off my IVS2!

Sorry to interrupt the string -- Mel

Back