Rapidwinder II Identification

Cameraville

Local time
7:50 PM
Hello I have a black RW II and chrome RW II. I got got the chrome one and the advance return was a slow and sticky. I opened it to fix it. Then I was curious if the inside of my black version was any different (it’s silky smooth). That’s when I noticed one drive was brass and one was stainless steel (possibly). I read about some 30 rapidwinders made with steel drives.

Questions:
How many Rapidwinder IIs are there?
How many Rapidwinder IIs were made in silver?
Do I have a “stainless steel drive” and mentioned in the attached text?

I’m new here. Thank you 😊.

Attachments

• IMG_8212.jpeg
    IMG_8212.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8197.jpeg
    IMG_8197.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8195.jpeg
    IMG_8195.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8184.jpeg
    IMG_8184.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8216.png
    IMG_8216.png
    665.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 23
Ok I don’t know how to edit my post. To be clear when I say Rapidwinder II, I do not mean Rapidwinder M2 - I mean Rapidwinder II.

I don't think so. I remember something about Tom improving his original design but I's reach out to Tuulikki. She's here from time to time but if you look at Rapidwinder and I'm sure you can find a way to it answered.

Send her a message here might work too.

B2

Hello I have a black RW II and chrome RW II. I got got the chrome one and the advance return was a slow and sticky. I opened it to fix it. Then I was curious if the inside of my black version was any different (it’s silky smooth). That’s when I noticed one drive was brass and one was stainless steel (possibly). I read about some 30 rapidwinders made with steel drives.

Questions:
How many Rapidwinder IIs are there?
How many Rapidwinder IIs were made in silver?
Do I have a “stainless steel drive” and mentioned in the attached text?

I’m new here. Thank you 😊.
Sweet RW grip. I want one of those to go with my Rapid Winder II and M6.

I don't think so. I remember something about Tom improving his original design but I's reach out to Tuulikki. She's here from time to time but if you look at Rapidwinder and I'm sure you can find a way to it answered.

Send her a message here might work too.

B2
Thanks. I have looked at the website in detail, there is no mention of the second version. Only mention of that a few had stainless steel drives - and that was what I was asking about.

I guess my post title should have been “Rapidwinder II Drive Identification & Rapidwinder II Production Quantities”

The rapidwinder II has the inner top plate milled from aluminum rather than cut and sanded-to-fit by hand in brass.

Back