Recent Street Photography Work

Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau
Local time
1:45 PM
Since I like the idea of a dedicated forum, and since I find critique/idea interchange/discussion very useful...here goes, with some of my recent work.

I keep it pretty simple - one camera, one lens, one medium (black and white film) to portray my immediate environment.
I travel a lot, and do the same basic thing in those places too...but I guess it doesn't matter if the 'street' in question is exotic or not.

More can be found on my site - http://www.colincorneau.com/galleries/ - and click on Street Photography...thanks all.

moneybags.jpg

whitesuit.jpg

teamjesus.jpg

bubble_girls.jpg

male_models.jpg

Interesting material, all shot in Brandon ?
I'd skip the first 3 though, they weaken the set next to the stronger ones that follow

Editing is an issue here. As Lauffray said, get rid of the first three. I'd go further and take out the fifth one (don't like the expressions or the scene - and they do not speak well with the other strong ones) two in the middle of the second set, ladies in dress (too far) and man smoking (uninteresting, the one with cigars trumps it by a long shot).

You're left with three interesting images that together and on their own stand taller than the current set.

Colin, to me those are real extraordinary street photographs. Yours are deserving separate thread for sure.
But you have to cut on smoking :)

My deep respect to you for one camera, lens and film travel thing!
I'm still taking XA just in case in addition to Ontarian M4-2. :)

Thanks everyone -- this is exactly the objective feedback I think is interesting to get.

Interestingly, the first 3 are from a nearby city not the downtown area of my city that I normally concentrate on...I included them simply because they have the same "feel" or mood that I find interesting and seem to fit together.

PS - the two cigars image is actually from Toronto! Light years from my grungy weird little town.

Back