Recents picts from the Sony A7ii + Loxia 35mm and Voigtlander 15mm V2 - Romania

AlejandroI

Established
Local time
8:32 PM
Hi guys wanted to share a few recent picts from Romania, with the A7ii + Loxia 35mm, and Voigtlander 15mm.

Comments and critics welcome!

Pict1

_DSC8451 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict2

_DSC8105 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict3

_DSC8484 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict4

_DSC8144 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict5
_DSC8496 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict6

Untitled by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict7

Untitled by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict8

_DSC8490 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Pict9

_DSC8542 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

And one with a Leica M + Zeiss 21mm:

L1001789 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

1,2,3,5 and the last one are my favoriites , but I like them all . How are the people there , I 'm hoping to go there myself sometime , and also Bulgaria . Thanks for posting them!

1,2,3,5 and the last one are my favoriites , but I like them all . How are the people there , I 'm hoping to go there myself sometime , and also Bulgaria . Thanks for posting them!

For me it's been a bit difficult because of the language barrier, but if you talk to people, they tend to agree with their portraits being taken, just be polite as in any other place.

Also these pictures were not in the main city, so there it may be different.

Being a non local actually helps, and you will see people are actually quite open to non locals.

Romania has a lot of beautiful places to visit, if you pass through, here which I highly recommend, try to stay only a day or two in Bucharest, and then just head out of the city by car. The scenery is beautiful.

Some of the best photos I've ever seen of Romania. I had a chance almost 4 years ago to go there but decided on Turkey instead.
Loved Turkey but can easily see that this would have been a great destination. Thanks for posting these photos.

Lovely set of photos, really nice, your post processing looks really well balanced, they look strong but not overly so. Has that taken you a bit of time or are the files quite close to that to begin with?

Lovely set of photos, really nice, your post processing looks really well balanced, they look strong but not overly so. Has that taken you a bit of time or are the files quite close to that to begin with?

Hi thanks for the comments. Yes indeed, it took me quite some time to be confortable with the end results.

Its always been a fight for me to get colors that I Like from the Sony. I have a Nikon Df and a Leica M, with which i am really satisfy with the colors after only a few editing. With the Sony I was using a similar approach and the results were not at all to my liking.

So i decided to start from 0. I am using a modify profile from VSCO, (portra 400), and then adjusting curves and some selective sharpening in PS.

Sounds like a lot but its actually quite fast, almost all done in pre sets :)

I think the photos are great. Of course, that has little to do with the particular camera you shot them with.

It's a challenge to get used to Sony's color. Sony seems far more interested in rapidly advancing their technology than in color science.

I think the photos are great. Of course, that has little to do with the particular camera you shot them with.

It's a challenge to get used to Sony's color. Sony seems far more interested in rapidly advancing their technology than in color science.

Have to agree with this :) even thou I been call a troll in many forums because of saying that.

Its two different things, portraying realist colors, (what you see is what you get) or portraying pleasant colors, for me pleasant colors is more important, I am not shooting, art in museums. And i had a lot of difficulty getting these pleasant colors with the sony.

Back