Recommend a land camera please

Polaroid Land Auto 250, 350, 450.
If you have the money get a converted Polaroid 110A/B

Pack film are better and cheaper than those integral film by the impossible project.

I do not recommend using a land camera to document a wedding. I use one and they make a lot of garbage. First, there is the package the film comes in. Then there is the peel apart paper that is left after the print. Sometimes I cram this in my pocket when I am shooting, but it still has the wet chemicals and gets all over hands or clothing if you don't watch it. Then there is the prints. They need somewhere to dry. At first they are curved, so they need to be put somewhere flat and they can not be stacked because the print is still wet. Polaroid is good idea, but go with something that is not peel apart.

If someone asked me to do the same, I would go with a Holga and high speed film. Make them a blurb book on your own time, after the wedding.

VERY good point. How soon we forget! Or I forget, anyway...

Cheers,

R.

I do not recommend using a land camera to document a wedding. I use one and they make a lot of garbage. First, there is the package the film comes in. Then there is the peel apart paper that is left after the print. Sometimes I cram this in my pocket when I am shooting, but it still has the wet chemicals and gets all over hands or clothing if you don't watch it. Then there is the prints. They need somewhere to dry. At first they are curved, so they need to be put somewhere flat and they can not be stacked because the print is still wet. Polaroid is good idea, but go with something that is not peel apart.

If someone asked me to do the same, I would go with a Holga and high speed film. Make them a blurb book on your own time, after the wedding.

Yup, didn't think about that. I now retract my recommendation of the 195!

Those Instax cameras look good. Or you could just use a digital camera, bring a small portable printer and print them at the wedding.

We did a similar thing at our wedding with instant photos and then put them into a guest book with all the guest's written comments.

We used a photo booth tho. It was a big hit, everyone wanted to take photos, especially the kids. Best part was that it printed duplicate copies so there was one for the guest book and one for the guests to take home. Our booth came with two attendants, a bunch of props, and a guest book with markers, pens, stickers, etc. and cost about $1000.

The photo booth probably isn't what the OP was going for, but the results and ease of use makes it ideal for a wedding.

Back