RED DOT REPAIR & JADON - PDX ???

boojum

Mentor
Local time
1:34 AM
I am trying to find RedDotRepair which has been in Portland, OR, with Jadon running the business. He has been skilled at any repairs he has done for me in the past. Now I need the iris ring on an old Jupiter 8 loosened up (CLA) and a sweet 28mm Canon f/2.8 LTM cannot be focused to infinity after a small drop onto my computer keyboard. He is a nice 2+ hour ride up to the city and does good work so I am hoping that someone can help me out here. Jadon, where are you??

Interesting. It’s nice to know that such a resource is available here where I live.

I'll be taking the two lenses up to him in day or two. So I will know how he is doing. The last time he worked on a lens for me it was to get a Jupiter 8 to play well with an M9. He did it in about 15 - 20 minutes. And he did it right. I bet he is even more talented now.

OK, I have heard nothing back from Jadon at the address on his Red Dot Repair website. I hope this is only a temporary interruption and that he is alright and still in business. He is good.

OK, I have heard nothing back from Jadon at the address on his Red Dot Repair website. I hope this is only a temporary interruption and that he is alright and still in business. He is good.
He’s definitely still in business. I had lunch with him two weeks ago. He is incredibly busy (one man show…basically) and is often a little slow to respond. Give him a couple days.

He’s definitely still in business. I had lunch with him two weeks ago. He is incredibly busy (one man show…basically) and is often a little slow to respond. Give him a couple days.

That is the best news I have gotten today. I really like the guy and I know he does great work. I had feared that he had closed his doors. The news that he is swamped is good news for him and for me. He deserves the business. So this means I will have that ride to PDX and maybe even lunch with him, too.

He's a nice guy, a great technician and he has a sense of humor.

Thanks for the input!

OK, I have emailed Jadon a couple of times, at "support" and at "jadon" starting Thursday, no response. I just called and the call rolled over to his answering machine so I left a message. He may be around but he is not responding to my emails. Maybe he will call back I do not trust the Advance Camera store. I was there and asked to use the bathroom. I am on diuretics (the "water pill") and had to piss like a baby water buffalo. The clown behind the counter would not let me use the bathroom. I explained that if he did not soon let me use it I would be pissing on the floor. Finally he got a woman who came out and said it was OK. I left the Jupiter 8 there for a CLA. It only took nine months and if that was a CLA I am Santa Claus.

Later - Just got off the phone with Jadon. He is the same old guy he was the last time we spoke. I called and left a message, he called back shortly after. So my lenses and the M9 will be restored to health. I will leave the Skyllaney Bertele on the M9 for Jadon to see as he knows of the lens and is keen to see one and, no doubt, do some shots with it. And let's see if he can do a Jupiter 8 CLA in less than 9 months. I think he can.

Back