Removing Black Colour form M4 and repaint

Fraist

Local time
11:56 AM
Hello everyone. I recently buy a Black M4 in used condition. The problem is that the camera has a lot of bare brass parts and looks ugly. Do you know how I will remove the entire black colour (use solvent) in order to repaint the camera after:bang: ?
Thank you FRAIST

The camera will only have been intact while it was in the box after a few films the paint dissappears.

Noel

You will have to disassemble the camera and use paint remover to remove the paint. However a black paint M4 is somewhat rare and you will destroy its value if you repaint it.

Leave it as is!!!

Totally agree with Colyn, black paint M4s are rare and valuable - respraying it will damage its historic and financial value. If you want a mint black M4, buy a user chrome one and get it resprayed.

Sell the M4 and buy a chrome M instead.

I'll swap my M2 chrome in great condition for the M4 if you like ;)

colyn said:
You will have to disassemble the camera and use paint remover to remove the paint. However a black paint M4 is somewhat rare and you will destroy its value if you repaint it.

Leave it as is!!!

Thank you for your reply colyn . The camera is not in working condition (stiky shuter) and I would like to pepair and restore the colour as well. I used a paint stripper from a local paint shop but there was no change in the colour. I thing is electrostatic paint or something strong

Sounds like black chrome. Again, repainting will ruin its appeal to most buyers.

When I was 15 I inherited an old Polish ceremonial cavalry sword. The scabbard was chipped so I repainted it. IE, I was an idiot; probably reduced its value by three-quarters. Please don't be an idiot like me!

Fraist said:
Thank you for your reply colyn . The camera is not in working condition (stiky shuter) and I would like to pepair and restore the colour as well. I used a paint stripper from a local paint shop but there was no change in the colour. I thing is electrostatic paint or something strong

You have a black chrome M4 then.

In order to remove chrome you have to have a chrome plating shop do it..

Again don't do it!!!!

Send it to CRR Luton in the UK, he can return the black colour and fix the camera too.

Back