Repair Service code 3.000 for original Monochrom

My MM invoice had no such service code for the sensor replacement. The work item was stated as "Necessary service charge" and the quantity column read "4.000 H," whatever that means.

Incidentally, I sold my MM right after sensor replacement and bought an M6 from you. Really enjoying it.

John

Is the Leica Monochrom 18mp Service Code 3.000 means new Sensor ?

IGOR,

This is Cal one of your customers. I am not sure if the service code 3.000 means a new sensor.

I started a thread about the sensor replacement program deadline. You might want to post your question there where many are viewing.

It does seem like things are an unique experience for each participant.

Hope this helps. I will bump the thread I started so it will be top listed.

Cal

Cal,

I have the paper work in front of me and the 3.000 is followed by an H, I read that as 3 hours labor.

The parts replaced are listed on the next 'line' Sensor cover glass, adjust rangefinder clean, lubrication and adjustment leather covering. followed by 1 PCS which I take to mean 'pieces'.

Then the next line; printed circuit, adjusted that is followed by that same 1 PCS which is a little strange as if its labor why would it be listed a a part.

Ahh the mysteries of someones IT system...

Joe

Cal,

I have the paper work in front of me and the 3.000 is followed by an H, I read that as 3 hours labor.

The parts replaced are listed on the next 'line' Sensor cover glass, adjust rangefinder clean, lubrication and adjustment leather covering. followed by 1 PCS which I take to mean 'pieces'.

Then the next line; printed circuit, adjusted that is followed by that same 1 PCS which is a little strange as if its labor why would it be listed a a part.

Ahh the mysteries of someones IT system...

Joe

Ah, that makes sense. So mine took four hours. Although you have to wonder why you'd need three digits after the decimal.

Let's compute this, hypothetically, of course. If NJ replacement takes five hours on average and the wait is 25 weeks, that's how many replacements?

(25 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours) / 5 hours = 200 replacements

That's a lot of cameras. And presumably, they have more than one technician doing them. Still, that helps me understand the delay. The technicians must be bored stiff with this task.

John

I got the impression that there was only one tech, or maybe one each for film and digital. I've always heard "he" when discussing "the tech" with customer service.

I got the impression that there was only one tech, or maybe one each for film and digital. I've always heard "he" when discussing "the tech" with customer service.

That would be like my present work situation. I have a Cyclotron Micro-Manager to make my job harder, so there is always a grey area, and also a lack of clarity.

Meanwhile I do all the work. LOL.

Cal

Back