Replacement for a Leicameter MR4 (90mm FOV)..

AveryWagg

Established
Local time
3:11 PM
I've got a Leicameter MR4 paired with my M4 and I love the combination. Especially, the ~90mm field of view for the meter reading. While the MR4 is accurate (had it serviced last year), I'd like to have some kind of spare in case this one dies on me. Is there a more modern equivalent to the MR4 with the same 90mm FOV, or should I just buy another MR4 and let it go at that..

..Avery

Buy another MR-4 meter. If yours was recently serviced not sure why you need another. My lasted 40+ years until it quit last year.

I've got a Leicameter MR4 paired with my M4 and I love the combination. Especially, the ~90mm field of view for the meter reading. While the MR4 is accurate (had it serviced last year), I'd like to have some kind of spare in case this one dies on me. Is there a more modern equivalent to the MR4 with the same 90mm FOV, or should I just buy another MR4 and let it go at that..

..Avery
how much did you pay for your mr-4 if I may ask? I found two in working conditions for between 100 and 150 euro’s, but they still use mercury batteries.

how much did you pay for your mr-4 if I may ask? I found two in working conditions for between 100 and 150 euro’s, but they still use mercury batteries.

I've got my original MR-4 that was serviced by a fellow in Germany (Knoch Messgeraete GmbH), but I haven't bought another one yet. The prices seem to have risen sky-high for used MR4's these last few months. The fellow in Germany charged me 142 Euros (last year), to swap out the original electronic board to one that would accept the more modern 1.5 volt batteries..

I have three MR-4's and I use the Wein cell battery. These are available from Adorama or B&H both in NYC. No need too swap out boards. I found my last black meter on eBay, new in the box wrapped in plastic bag.

Back