Retina 028/N

sp9107sp

Well-known
Local time
2:53 PM
asa dial is to 3200, sn in back 9979xx, lens Retina Xenon C, Syncro shutter, Gossen meter responds to light,
6ee25d59b247726d862509517a9bfaef179d8d7.JPG

2ea25139834032d883153182d6dcc5bd744a4f0.JPG

Last edited:
Nice camera, quite rare of course, it would have pride-of-place in many a Retina collectors display cabinet. You might want to email David Jentz. He knows all there is to know about these cameras, what makes a real one, and what makes a fake, and he'll be sure to want the various serial numbers for his collection of such data.

Regards, Chris

His email is [email protected]

Regards, Chris

028/n

028/n

Chris
I sent a number of photos to Dave, he has confirmed that this is a 028/N Nachbau Retina IIIC :)
Jim

purchase

purchase

bought it on eBay, more info from the seller was that he had purchased it from someone in the Rochester NY area, downsizing his collection. .
Jim

Retina IIIc 028/n

Retina IIIc 028/n

So i posted the camera on ebay, it is up there mainly to see what interest is in the camera, I received an email from a bidder, stating that it is not the 028/n, his reasoning is :" it is simple, check the serial number on the shutter and the lens, check the meter knob"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]i

he also stated to check the forums to see what they are saying about the camera.

my question, does anyone know of what forum this guy is talking about??? If you know please tell me, the guy who sent me the email will not tell me. :bang:

i have spent last night and part of today searching google and yahoo in search of this forum, there is nothing on either site that mentions the camera except rangefinder forum and ebay.
checked ebay discussion groups,
rangefinder forum (this listing)
classic camera repair forum
photo.net
pbase
apug
www.amateurphotographer.co.uk
[/FONT]
forums.dpreview.com

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Jim
[/FONT]

So i posted the camera on ebay, it is up there mainly to see what interest is in the camera, I received an email from a bidder, stating that it is not the 028/n, his reasoning is :" it is simple, check the serial number on the shutter and the lens, check the meter knob"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]i

he also stated to check the forums to see what they are saying about the camera.

my question, does anyone know of what forum this guy is talking about??? If you know please tell me, the guy who sent me the email will not tell me. :bang:

i have spent last night and part of today searching google and yahoo in search of this forum, there is nothing on either site that mentions the camera except rangefinder forum and ebay.
checked ebay discussion groups,
rangefinder forum (this listing)
classic camera repair forum
photo.net
pbase
apug
www.amateurphotographer.co.uk
[/FONT]
forums.dpreview.com

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Jim
[/FONT]

I'm not sure what forum he is talking about either but his response smells like he may be trying a scam on you. They try to convince you you have a plain jane Retina then attempt to make a low ball offer in the hopes you are now unsure of what you have.

Since David is the expert I'd take his word over an eBayers....

Jim, I saw that post too, but can't for the life of me remember what forum it was on/in. Could have sworn it was here on RFf. There was at least one member who stood up for your veracity as a seller. And you do prominently show in the decription that it was certified by David Jentz.

I know I took a good hard look at why you were asking that much, but it made sense to me. And it wasn't as absurd as the $14,000.00 Yashica GX I once saw.

PF

Back