Retina II 142 Shutter Release

WStrew

Local time
10:30 PM
I recently bought a Retina II Model 142 but find that the shutter release button on top will not press down to release the shutter. I can only get the camera to "fire" after cocking it by releasing the shutter on the other side of the lens (as I do with my Zeiss Contessa). Does anyone have any idea why the shutter botton on top of the camera will not depress?

Thank you. Bill

Some of the Kodaks have interlinks so they will only fire with film and a reset exposure counter, might not be anything wrong... please dont try force anything, you might be sorry.

Noel

Retina II 142 Shutter Release

Thank you for the response. Feel like a fool. I loaded 12 exposures of Superia 100 and took some pictures. Some were slightly out of focus. I guess the rangefinder and focus need to be adjusted. Wouldn't hurt to have CLA done for this. Any suggestions on who could do this? Also, since there is no flash sync on this, how did people in this time period do indoor pictures? Since this lense is not coated, should I avoid color and just shoot B&W such as Acros or Tmax?

I appreciate your reponses. I have a Retina II Model 014 and IIa which I have been so pleased with. But this older model is a challenge.

Bill

Back