Retina II back from CLA

bkrystad

Established
Local time
4:29 PM
Finally! This model 011 went to Chris Sherlock in NZ after I got it from an ePray auction in mid-February, and it came back today. It cleaned up very well, thought I'd share a few images of the results. We may actually get a dry day tomorrow in Seattle, so I'll wander out to fire off a role of HP5 and see how it performs (at least as well as I can do).

Attachments

• retinaII_front.jpg
    retinaII_front.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 0
  • retinaII_left.jpg
    retinaII_left.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • retinaII_right.jpg
    retinaII_right.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 0
What was the cost of the CLA? What was the cost of shipping to NZ? Was it a short turn around time? The camera sure looks good, I'd like to see some of the pictures it takes.

Regards,
Tom

Currently, Chris charges US$80 for a Retina CLA. That includes return postage. Cocking racks on the IIa and IIIc are additional ($20 for a replacement rack). US airmail shipping from the west coast is 6-8 days at ~$12, and Chris has 1+ weeks turnaround, depending on what's ahead in the queue. Top notch work, though. This is the second camera he's done for me. Drop him a line, he's always ready to chat about Retinas. See http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Srawhiti/index.html for contact info.

Back