Retina Xenon 2.0

Letien

Established
Local time
11:12 PM
Does anyone have a shot with xenon 2.0 at 2.0 or 2.8?
My Retina IIIc perform quite good at 5.6 but it has weir OOF area when I shoot at 2.8. I want to know if this is a lens characteristic or my lens is out of spec.
Thanks

@2.8
58610002.jpg

@5.6
58610005.jpg

Objects in the foreground are in focus in the shot @ 2.8, hence that must be the point or plane of focus. The background objects are out of focus because of the narrow depth of field at this f-stop. The Xenon 2.0 is a fine lens. All lenses will show a much shallower depth of field at the larger lens openings.

Jim N.

I see some out-of-round bokeh in the upper left of the image made at F/2.8. Was this image cropped from the original 35mm negative? If so, was this corner of the image near the edge of the film frame?

Looks like something funny is happening in that corner of the image, like the bokeh has a ghosty halo on the bottom half.

However, I don't think I can help you with a sample shot.

Is your Xenon the type where the outer lens element unscrews? Perhaps it's not threaded tightly back in place, or maybe there's some debris on one of the optical elements?

~Joe

Letien

I can see JoeV point but the only real test is what patterned wall paper looks like.

An out of focus christmas tree or set of streetlights can show how the boketh abberation varies accross the frame, but this is a secondary test, if you can shave with the in focus at f2 I'd not worry as much. You have seem Jorges shots of focus errors with his modern aspherics?

Noel

Back