Return to rff with "new" r-d1

nikola

Well-known
Local time
11:38 AM
Just bought it and it was paired with jupiter 12. Love the manual winder and the dials. I'm now looking for a perfect lens.

Attachments

• PSX_20150718_122503~01.jpg
    PSX_20150718_122503~01.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
My best images on the RD1 came from a 28/2.8 Elmarit-M V3.

It's roughly a 43mm equiv, and plays nicely for everyday shooting.

Cheaper, Ide reccomend the m-rokkor 28/2.8 on a budget.

I started to prefer a 50mm, 75mm equiv, as it's such a great focal length for shoulder up portraits.

So many great lenses, go nuts!

if youre looking for one lens, i'd make it a fast wide, to take advantage of DOF at wide apertures for low light and street shooting, something like the cv 28/2 or 1.9. theyre not expensive and work really well with the epson.

I was looking into 28 ultron, and have completely forgot about m rokkos, thanks B9. ;)

twopointeight I suppose not, but to be honest didn't care as I got it together with j12 for 300$

My best images on the RD1 came from a 28/2.8 Elmarit-M V3.

It's roughly a 43mm equiv, and plays nicely for everyday shooting.

Cheaper, Ide reccomend the m-rokkor 28/2.8 on a budget.

I started to prefer a 50mm, 75mm equiv, as it's such a great focal length for shoulder up portraits.

So many great lenses, go nuts!

After you mentioned this I decided to return my recently purchased 50mm summarit, my 15mm heliar, and my 21mm color skopar and use that cash to buy an Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH.

I've always liked that 40ish FOV on a cropped sensor.

Return to rff with "new" r-d1

Just bought it and it was paired with jupiter 12. Love the manual winder and the dials. I'm now looking for a perfect lens.

Welcome back!

Is this camera still serviced by Epson, spare parts and all? Really too bad they dropped this camera body after such a solid start.

From Epson's Japanese language website here, the R-D1s will be accepted for servicing until September 30th, 2016 and the R-D1x will be accepted for servicing until March 31st, 2021. The R-D1 is no longer accepted for servicing by Epson, but I believe there are still some third parties out there who will service it.

After you mentioned this I decided to return my recently purchased 50mm summarit, my 15mm heliar, and my 21mm color skopar and use that cash to buy an Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH.

Nice choice! The 28mm Elmarit ASPH was by far my favourite lens on my now sold Epson R-D1x.

leica 35 cron has its signature bokeh but a little sharp for my taste. the 35 summaron ltm produces a more natural analog output. but thats just me.
congrats and enjoy your new toy!

All M lenses can work fine on the R-D1. Just use a modern raw converter to cope with vignetting and smearing on wider lenses than 35mm. Beware of focus shift as well. My CV 35/1.4 SC is useless above f/2 because of that. My more affordable lenses work fine on the R-D1: CV 21/4, Rokkor 28/2.8, Biogon 35/2.8, Elmar 50/2.8, etc. but my favorite is the Summicron 40/2 whose FoV fits almost perfecfly the 35mm frame lines of the body at any distances but close-ups.

All M lenses can work fine on the R-D1. Just use a modern raw converter to cope with vignetting and smearing on wider lenses than 35mm. Beware of focus shift as well. My CV 35/1.4 SC is useless above f/2 because of that. My more affordable lenses work fine on the R-D1: CV 21/4, Rokkor 28/2.8, Biogon 35/2.8, Elmar 50/2.8, etc. but my favorite is the Summicron 40/2 whose FoV fits almost perfecfly the 35mm frame lines of the body at any distances but close-ups.

+1 The M-Rokkor 40/2 and 28/2.8 are perfect on the R-D1.

Back