Revisiting the RD-1

Nice shot. I'm awaiting delivery of an RD1 on Tuesday. Really missed the one I sold previously.

i dont know how that could come out better with another camera. thats typically my refrain whenever i look at any of the photos ive taken with my rd1.

Lovely image.

I've had my R-D1 since 2009. Still comes along with me from time to time. It has started suffering from the 'blank frame' problem though (presumably battery related).

I've had several replacement batteries over the year. None were quite as good as the original Epson one. But that one is starting to fail now as well. Has to do with burst drain when writing to the flash card.

Still love the camera though :)

Thanks to all :)

Alf, lovely image. What lens did you use for this image? And what other lenses do you use with the RD1? Thanks.
I used a Leica 35/1,4 FLE. Normally I use this or a Russian 50/1,5.

what kind of shutter realese do i need? for tripod shots
I have used a mechanical (Russian) selt-release, but have sold this. Now I just use the normal release or an old-fashion cable release as the RD-1 has the screw for such release. The RD-1 shutter is IMO quite soft, so with some care there is little or no shake on tripod.

I forgot to say; the photo is a LR panorama merge. I used this to get a better overview/perspective. But the pano also gives more pixels. I took photos with X1 from same position as RD-1, but for some reason prefered the RD-1 results in LR.

A similar photo from same trip taken with a Leica X1 (also a pano) from another position:
The_last_house_3 by Alf Sollund, on Flickr

Back