Hong Kong RF Club for HONG KONG

thanks AJ and alice

incidentally i am looking for some Leica M spare parts: rewind lever, self timer lever, preview lever and advance lever a la M2/M3 style

can anyone point me to a source?

thanks!

hello alice,

thanks for the info, but may i know who is mr luk and how to contact him?
i have checked with DAG and they have such stock but it would cost US175, a bit steep...

thanks

Hi guys...

I have a M2 with a 50mm f/2 Summicron DR & Canon 7S with a 50mm f/0.95

There was a 90mm for the lecia but the family figured that grandma's last Bun Bun might just traded-it in for a pair of Nike or something... :mad:

Andrew: How much is the R-D1 nowadays?

Will said:
Hi guys...

There was a 90mm for the lecia but the family figured that grandma's last Bun Bun might just traded-it in for a pair of Nike or something... :mad:

Hi, Will,

I don't have the latest figure, but some guy over at the Hong Kong Leica Fan Club bought one at HK$18,700 back in July.

Will said:
Hi guys...

90mm for a pair of Nike ?! what a bargain !!!

sorry to hear your loss though ... you may start thinking about putting your equipments in a safe :)

Will said:
Andrew:

$18,700 with Local Warrenty?

Did you have any problems with the R-D1

I believe so. I bought mine about 6 months ago and I paid HK$19,800 with local warranty. So far I don't have any problem with it except a couple of episodes of unresponsive shutter, which I found to be caused by a defective generic battery.

andrewch said:
I believe so. I bought mine about 6 months ago and I paid HK$19,800 with local warranty. So far I don't have any problem with it except a couple of episodes of unresponsive shutter, which I found to be caused by a defective generic battery.

I am hooked, but $19k is not the end of the story....

Will said:
I am hooked, but $19k is not the end of the story....

Unfortunately yes :) . You have a get a couple of high speed SD cards, and possibly an Epson P-2000 picture viewer.

andrewch said:
Unfortunately yes :) . You have a get a couple of high speed SD cards, and possibly an Epson P-2000 picture viewer.

and those ar the ZM lenses, these are larger health harzad to the wallet...

Will said:
and those ar the ZM lenses, these are larger health harzad to the wallet...

You can also consider Voigtlander lenses, as well as some interesting LTM Leica and Canon lenses with an LTM adapter. They might pose less of a threat to your pocketbook
:)

andrewch said:
Will,

For your information, someone over at the Hong Kong Leica Fan Club just bought one for HK$17,x00.

1k every 2 or 3 months? I need another 12 months......

CV are OK, if I start off fresh again, then the Cosina Voigtlander path is alright, but I didn't...

Found a lap in Dong Guang that can process C-41 B&W (no push & pull), D-76 & push & pull Positives...

Suddenly saved $17k... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Will said:
1k every 2 or 3 months? I need another 12 months......

CV are OK, if I start off fresh again, then the Cosina Voigtlander path is alright, but I didn't...

Found a lap in Dong Guang that can process C-41 B&W (no push & pull), D-76 & push & pull Positives...

Suddenly saved $17k... :eek: :eek: :eek:

In 12 months, the price of R-D1 might have to dropped to HK$5,000. But then they would have rolled out the R-D2 with twice the pixels at the same old price of HK$17,x00. What would you do? Wait for another 12 months?
:p

Access my finanical situation, hahahahaha...

Been through that with 300D & 350D, thank god...

Honestly, there are no answer, what about you andrew?

Will said:
Access my finanical situation, hahahahaha...

Been through that with 300D & 350D, thank god...

Honestly, there are no answer, what about you andrew?

I hope I will never have to face this difficult decision. But given my track record, I will most likely succumb and sell my remaining kidney to finance the purchase. May be you can help me out by buying the R-D1 off me then :p

hello

hello

Count me, I am a HKer as well. Sorry for missing this thread, just too busy...
Nice to see so many RF guys in HK, we should have some sort of gatherings, just for fun and sharing.

Dingo said:
Count me, I am a HKer as well. Sorry for missing this thread, just too busy...
Nice to see so many RF guys in HK, we should have some sort of gatherings, just for fun and sharing.

Welcome Dingo. Did you spend some part of your life in Australia?

Back