California (Bay Area, Northern) RFF Challenge for 2012

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
6:41 PM
Yes, YOU are invited!:D

I have tried sending out either a PM or email to everyone but I have most likely missed a few, so, I am posting this thread so we can have some discussion on the upcoming RFF Challenge:

kdemas
Walk...Click.

Decisive Challenge...
Cal/Dave,

Hey guys, Kent Demas here. About 2 years ago I ran a fun competition called "The Decisive Challenge". I'm going to be doing it again in August and here in the Bay Area I'm going to tie it to a RFF get together to grow participation and I thought your active groups might be interested in doing the same.

Basically, in the spirit of HCB and Street Photography in general, people from all over the world were called to take street shots on a single day and submit their two favorites in a competition. Later the pics were posted on a neutral site with all names and info removed and members voted for their favs. Prizes were awarded.

This is a "camera agnostic" competition, use whatever you like as long as it's in that 24 hour period. The camera is a tool, this is all about the image.

Anyway, I'm thinking maybe Augest 5th for this shindig. Still summer for many, should be a target rich shooting environment in most cities and hopefully more free time for would-be participants.

Let me know if you might be interested in getting your groups riled up after I make the announcement in the coming days. Should be fun!

Here are the threads from the last event:

Announcement:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru....php?p=1447201

Voting:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru....php?p=1482551

Results:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru....php?p=1492315

Kent

PS- I'm working on the prizes, no guarantees at the moment. I am sure we'll be able to scrape together some goodies, I'm in contact with some potential sponsors as I write this. Any ideas in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds really fun! And we are honored to be invited to participate!:angel:

Let's get some discussion started on this!

Wow, great response so quickly...:D

Since I was contacted as a "point man" in the invitation and not running the show, I am trying to get in touch with Kent (kdemas) on how to handle this and hopefully he will let me know soon! Maybe there will be a master sign-up list or something...

This will be so fun that I now must decide where I will be on August 5th!:eek: Atlanta? Savannah? What theme will I select? Which camera? So many things to consider...

Hey guys! I'll be posting the Challenge announcement on Sunday, thanks to Dave for "Priming the Pump". It should be a good time and with wide participation we'll get a nice look at a single day from all over the world.

Anyway, details to come Sunday. Till then...

Kent

I'm in, but only if the rules specifically state that any shots of person(s) leaping over puddles will immediately be deemed 'posed', and thus disqualified from the competition.

Cool!!!:cool::cool::cool:

That's confirms the first two:

1. Dave Lackey
2. Johan Kuiper

Johan, you are now a member of the SE Forum!!!:) Kinda like a secret weapon! Heh, heh...

Thanks for having me Dave, someday I hope to 'jump across a big puddle' (pun intended) and see the SE with my own eyes and camera! Meet some friends there!

Back