UK Region RFF Meet in London

BJ Bignell

Je n'aurai plus peur
Local time
5:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be in London next week, from Tuesday Sept 13th through Friday Sept 16, and maybe longer as time and money allow. How about a meet on maybe the Thursday or Friday?

I know it's during the week, so if it works out better, we can probably swing it for the Saturday... I'll be in spotty contact with the forum and the Interweb in general, so if someone is available and willing to sort of organise (Manolo?), that'd be great!

Cheers,
BJ (and Jo)

Anyone wanna suggest a time /day/ venue. Just in case I need to plan train connections etc. Need to decide between a drive or train or a bit of both. Might be a bit of a walk from Wiltshire to London. :)

do it!

it will be fun, you get to 'see' each other, take a few snaps and then come back here and talk about it and show us your pics.

ya know ya wanna...

joe

I would love to come, but I think 3 things are against me - the distance from York, having to meet my daughter who is coming back from Peru - oh, and my wife's birthday....

Have fun guys, and let's see some shots.

Bleagh.

My wife has to go down to London for a conference next week. I was to go with her but couldn't get the time off work. Otherwise, I would have joined you all!

I'll do what I can to get organised, and stay in or near London for a few more days. As far as favourite photo places, the only places I've ever been are Heathrow and the British Museum, so just about anything will be cool.

For other people interested, I'll be in England for about two weeks, before going to Scotland, Ireland, and then returning to England. Once I'm there, it may be easier to organise small local gatherings...

I'm arriving Edinburgh on Sep 25, but leaving for a semi-organised tour with MacBackpackers for about two weeks. I'll be back around Oct 8 for a day or two, before going to Glasgow and then to Ireland.

BJ,

If you are planning to pass through York on your way to Scotland, let me know and we could hook up.

Hi there,
Saturdays would work out good for me, but Sat the 17th I might find myself working serious overtime :( so won't be able to make it. But if you guys decide to meet anywhere near the City on Thurs/Fri, I can always pop out for a coffee.
Jin

Re London on the 17th, I will definitely be in town. I'll be quite happy to go anywhere recommended - as far as London goes I'm an ignorant northerner.

Re Passing through York; that's a good idea as well.

Re Edinburgh; catch the Cartier Bresson show while you're there. I ran out of time on the way back from Skye and still have to make it up there again :mad:

Tom

London meet

London meet

Damm, first chance to go, and I have to be in northern Greece !. Have fun and when is the next day out ?
G.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that next Saturday is the Thames Festival, so lots of activity going on along the South Bank. So heading to Borough Market is a good idea and then you can walk down the River.

I'm not sure if I can make it but I'll look out for the meeting time and place and see if I can.

Anyway, have fun.

Paula

Hoxton?

Hoxton?

What about Hoxton? Admittedly I've never been there but I've heard there are interesting street pictures to be made.
Otherwise the Thames Festival might provide good opportunities to photograph people at short range. :)

Vincent

Manolo Gozales said:
I'm not sure, but I think Hoxton would probably be better on a Sunday, given it's closeness to Columbia Rd etc. Of course I could be totally wrong...
Hey Manolo,
You certainly know London better than I do, so let's forget about Hoxton. What about the Portobello Road street market in Notting Hill?

Back