Other Areas RFF meeting in Myanmar....sounds strange, but it's for real...

Leica All Day

Mentor
Local time
2:55 AM
Crazy......but, it's going down...... I just so happen to be going to Myanmar on Monday morning with some friends of mine on a skateboard tour ........and Mister E (Nate) and I AM LUNA (Luna) and their friend Justin are in Bangkok now and they informed me that they were going to go to Myanmar as well......anyways, tonight we all met up with fellow Bangkok rff member Kitanat (Anat) and sat around a table and drank some Beer Lao and geeked out on cameras and camera talk...good times, good times......I've got a feeling Mister E is going to like Myanmar a lot.....

cheers, michael

Here is a photo of the RFF meeting in Myanmar.......Luna, Mister E and I

attachment.php

cheers, michael

p.s.....thanks for coming out guys, I wish I had more time with you but we were on a skateboard mission

menateluna.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dave, no problem.......my pleasure...

Hey Marty, I had to google Mark Oliver Everett to see who he is.......

I am not sure if you can tell by the photo, but Mister E (Nate) is BIG guy.... BTW, I am the guy in the middle with the sunglasses...

I am so happy that I was able to meet up with them, it was actually "dumb luck" that we had this get together in Myanmar.... I am pretty sure this was the first RFF meeting in Myanmar....

you can't tell by that photo, but I was with some friends from the states...some of them are professional photographers/filmers/skateboarders..well, when this photo was taken, there were about 4 other guys in the background that had Leicas and one guy had an x-pan as well.......it was crazy, there were about 10 rangefinder cameras on this small street in downtown Yangon....classic

here is a photo that Nate took of me and some of my friends....the guy with the m6/35mm 1.4 nokton is a lurker on this site.....
attachment.php

cheers, michael
mekenntdan.jpg

Hey Marty, I had to google Mark Oliver Everett to see who he is.......

I am not sure if you can tell by the photo, but Mister E (Nate) is BIG guy.... BTW, I am the guy in the middle with the sunglasses...

I see . . . Mark Everett has a band called Eels, in which he calls himself "Mr E". It's you, Michael, who resembles him (more than a little actually), but I thought from the order of your labelling that the person in the middle was the RFF Mr E. Mark Everett is a sufficiently eclectically talented guy that it wouldn't have surprised me at all to discover that the excellent work I've seen from the RFF Mr E was done by him, but apparently not.

Cool to be able to catch up in such a relatively unlikely place.

Marty

Sweet shot Michael! It was totally dumb luck that we found you. Nate and I were just combing the streets and bam! There you are sitting in the mini chairs eating away.
I had an amazing time and it was a great experience. Our shots should be coming back from NCPS sometime within a week, I hope.

I plan on going back, as soon as I can get a job and then take a month off from it (hopefully sometime after summer).
But this time, I will cross into Burma differently....;)

Back