Mentor
Local time
5:50 AM
This is a great place to hang out:

1. New Canonet QL17 GIII obtained in a trade with Bill Mattocks

2. 20' bulb release courtesy of Joe

3. VC clipon meter purchased from Peter in Singapore

What a great RFF Friday Night Special!

*gasp*!!! 20' release? it looks so long!! you plan to set the cam up discretely to catch your neighbour nicking your morning papers off your porch? :O)

Great looking setup!! I just won a canonet off ebay today too! looking forward to the day it arrives!

glad to be part of the team gene!

with all the canonets around here it's a good thing we have a seperate canon section.

Darrel, I couldn't resist attaching it to the Canonet. But the Canonet has a nice self-timer for those family shots where you trip it, run around the tripod and hope you don't knock everything over, and get in spot with the family and smile ...

My Leica CL though has no timer so this will be used for the family shots. Enjoy your new Canonet! I bought one for my father-in-law back in the 70's and I think they're a great little rangefinder.

Joe, thanks again! That bulb release is truly going to be useful to me!

Cheers,

Gene

Nice looking camera and cool that it all came together from the participation of RFF members :)

Even though the VC clipon looks cool why do you need one on the Canonet? Is the built in meter dead?

rsilfverberg,
between the two he gets "matrix" metering :)

Todd

Todd.Hanz said:
rsilfverberg,
between the two he gets "matrix" metering :)
LOL!

Actually the Canonet meter works fine but I have several old beaters that have no meter so I've decided to use the VC meter on all of my (non-auto) cams so I have a single method of metering. I was previously carrying around a Sekonic Studio Deluxe selenium meter, which is very nice but big and heavy. This little VC fits on the hotshoe or is easily slipped into a pocket.

And, of course, with the VC I'll be ready when I get the unstoppable urge to acquire a meterless M3 :D

Cheers,

Gene

"And, of course, with the VC I'll be ready when I get the unstoppable urge to acquire a meterless M3"

or that very special canon p!

ah, you leica guys...

joe

backalley photo said:
"And, of course, with the VC I'll be ready when I get the unstoppable urge to acquire a meterless M3"

or that very special canon p!

ah, you leica guys...

joe

I am kinda upset I went to bed last night. I missed a fun one around here.

We need that chat room I think.

I still think the IIIa looks better :)

Personal preference ofcourse :)

rsilfverberg said:
I still think the IIIa looks better :)

Personal preference ofcourse :)

Ok, I'll amend my statement by saying that Real Men shoot Contax IIA and Contax IIIA and Canon QL17-GIII and Kodak Medalists and Crown Graphics and Nikon F3 and Olympus Pen-F and Rolliflex Baby and YashicMats and Pentax Spotmatics and Vivtar 35EF and Konica C35 V and Kiev 4AM and Voigtlander Vitomatic I and Edinex and Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera 2 and Besler Topcon Super D and Bronica ETRS and ETC.

Wayne

P.S. I have both the Contax IIA and Contax IIIA and I think the meter hump on the IIIA is ugly.

Last edited:
Wayne, you're right...the IIIa is butt-ugly...
Send it over to me and I promise you will never see it again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back