Ricoh 35L

Dayrell bishop

Well-known
Local time
5:41 AM
Bought a Ricoh 35l from eBay for £15. When I received it the rangefinder was not working, the focus ring moved freely but the patch wasn't moving. As I didn't want to take it apart {as most the cameras I take apart don't go back together} I decided it was probably just gummed up with old grease. So I put it on a heating radiator for a couple of hours. The rangefinder worked perfectly after this. The next day I thought I should put a film through it. First roll was Adox hr50 & I used the Adox developer for this film. The film came out extremely dark all over. Put the camera back in the cupboard for a month or so. Had a bit of time to myself this weekend so tried again with some Fomapan 100 Rodinal stand developed. Perfect results and looks to be very sharp. The lens is a Kominar s 48mm f2.
51196139071_c7e56427dc_b.jpg

Ricoh 35L

The wind-on is under the camera. Another odd quirk is that the shutter speed ring and the aperture ring are opposite to each other; that is to say if they are turned together you would not keep the same exposure.
51199189855_45a20f9962_b.jpg

Back