Ricoh GR-D (I,II,III,IV): Post your photos!

131003723.jpg

GRD3

131003901.jpg

GRD3

Great shots andersju!
I agree about this camera and the Hexar AF. They are two cameras I used to own twice (both!), and am now purchasing again...

Here are some more from my old v.1 GR-D:

U19407I1288314682.SEQ.0.jpg

U19407I1267567386.SEQ.0.jpg

U19407I1261452570.SEQ.0.jpg

Some nice shots - I really like your B&Ws Andersju!

I have seen people raving about this camera, but usually with accompanying blah photos - these make me much more interested in this camera. (I admit I haven't done web searches for good stuff )

It looks like the original GRD holds its own, no?

Ironic that the pictures in this one thread are better than those in most Leica M threads

I don't know. Maybe. However, anyone can take a decent photo with this camera. Even your aunt Sally from Iowa. That is why shooting the Leica M is much more rewarding.

I don't know. Maybe. However, anyone can take a decent photo with this camera. Even your aunt Sally from Iowa. That is why shooting the Leica M is much more rewarding.
Certainly more rewarding in the sense that's it more of a challenge to take a properly focused picture with a Leica M in fasting-moving situations. Which is fun, sometimes, but I often prefer the GRD when it's all about the picture rather than the process. Also, for me, the fact that the GRD is practically silent in most of my shooting situations makes it superior to the Leica for candids. Many of my favorite images would have been impossible with a Leica M and its comparatively loud shutter.

Back