Roidweek Fall 2023

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
12:58 PM
Is it this week?šŸ˜®

I usually see a good bit of enthusiastic posting but Iā€™m not sure if I am missing posts or if things are different this time around.

If it is Autumn, and I think it may be even without Fall color this year around here, shouldnā€™t there be ā€œinstantā€ snaps being made and posted this week?šŸ˜ƒ ā€¦ Pun intendedā€¦

Show us some Roid fun! Even if it is just one!

I got this snap with my phone back in 2018. It was 3rd week of Oct, just before school half term. I was taking my kids to the playground.

IMG_20231023_065310_(850_x_477_pixel).jpg

Apparent this is Day Two of Roidweek.šŸ¤”

Is anyone on RFF submitting their instant photos this time around?

As I have mentioned before, I am interested in instant photos however I am not yet ready to go down that rabbit hole. I am of course interested in creative art and self-expression, but there are limits now that I must consider such time, energy, cost, and most of all, what I want to do for my remaining time here in this life.

Convince me if you can to delve into this are firmā€¦ show me your work!šŸ™‚šŸ™‚šŸ™‚

I shot two packs this week at my Daughter's youth group. Really a big hit- gave all of them away.
Two of the members asked for Polaroid Cameras- was told by one that just went to college that it was a huge hit, she lets others buy film and use it as well. The second one- tested and ready to be given away.

Pictures of Fall- I kept
fall_colors1_Upload_s.jpgFall_Colors2_upload_s.jpgFall_colors3_upload_s.jpg

Was busy with birthday festivities yesterday so I am starting Roidweek a day late.

Here is my submission for Day 2.
53280281739_99c233d238_b.jpg

A friend gave me her old Polaroid Sun 660, which is a consumer cheapo Polaroid. I figured I try it out by shooting a pack of color 600-series film. I took this pic earlier today. I don't like the Sun 660, but I'm very much impressed by how good Polaroid color film now is. A far cry from the Impossible Project days.

flowers.jpg

Jim B.

Back