Roidweek spring 2023 starts 23 April

lynnb

Mentor
Local time
4:02 AM
A reminder that Roidweek Spring 2023 will start this Sunday, April 23rd

All lovers of instant photography, Polaroid or Fuji and if anyone still has peel apart film can take part.

Check here for rules and to get inspirations from the latest editions : 'RoidWeek 2023

A good opportunity to take part in a worldwide event !

Thanks for this reminder Lynn, I desperately need to shoot something...possibly something good! Ok, tomorrow we'll see...

I need to start using my last packs of FP-100C and FP-3000B; I have 18 of each left, bought when it was under $20/pack. The color film is so wonderful and it won’t last forever …

I have two sheets of (Impossible) Spectra 1200 left, B&W, sitting in my Image 1200 camera. The last two shots. When those have been shot, there is no more film for my camera anymore. The previous six shots came out fairly light. That Image 1200 was the first Polaroid camera I ever bought. It led to me getting an SX-70, SLR690, and, best of all, two Polaroid Super Shooters (which take the pack film).

What’s so good about super shooters?
Ahhhh…my mistake. Although I have a Super Shooter, I meant the EE 100 Special. They have a magic switch setting.

Aside from taking pack film, they have a switch, which in addition to letting you select between the lower speed color film and the higher speed B&W film, you can also select to have it shoot essentially wide open with whatever film you have. Exposure is electronically controlled and it can do long exposures if needed. So, with the high speed FP-3000B B&W film, you can shoot wide open indoors in normal lighting without flash.

The EE 100 Special has bellows; the Super Shooters don’t have bellows - they have a solid body.

I completely missed RoidWeek. It has been such a long, long difficult start to 2023... We are only now beginning to get actually decent weather. :(

Onwards!
G

Back