Rokkor M mount lens compatibility with other M mount cameras

Reinvention

Local time
9:59 PM
Are the Rokker M mount lenses compatible with the rangefinder focusing linkage of the Zeiss Ikon ZM Rangerfider?

Thanks,

Robert

The head bartender here has some good Minolta CL / CLE and Rokkor information here on his Cameraquest site:
https://www.cameraquest.com/cle.htm

I don't own the Rokkor / Zeiss Ikon combination, so I don’t have firsthand experience, but I cannot recall anyone on this site reporting having issues. Both companies use the Leica M standard as far as I know.

The 40mm lens for the CL (not CLE) lenses had a more steeply sloped RF coupling cam than other M-series lenses. This wouldn't have made a difference on a perfectly-set-up camera, but a given amount of angular error would produce more focusing error with a CL lens than a regular lens. There was a lot of discussion of this back in the day, but most likely the forgiving DOF of a 40mm lens prevented it from being a real-world problem. I don’t remember if the 90mm cam was the same way or not.

The only MR lens which is somewhat worthy now is 40/2. 90 is nothing special, 28 is self-generator of spots.
I would skip entire MR line now. Not worth it on any other than Minolta cameras. IMO.

I have the CLE Rokkor 40mm and it works/fits perfectly on my Leica bodies.

Owning both the 28/2.8 and 90/4 I've had no issues with using the rokkor lenses with any of my M bodies (Even though my 90 is the made in Germany by leitz version)

on my M6, the 40mm works fine, also, as opposed to the optically identical summicron40 the minolta vesion is multicoated

p.

Back