Rollei 35 - one year

Thanks that was what I was looking for, I am going to test the times for 25, though 1hr stand with 30 sec at the beginning and the middle gave me useable negs from 25-100. I can see me sticking with that for the latitude it has given me and the Adox APH09 is fantastic low cost. Oh and I enjoyed your blog.

GAS:

DSCN7041b.jpg

Hi Petronius,

What's screwed into the 35 LED? It says 24mm on it. I recently received a heliopan hood for my 35 tessar and I really like it. I like that it all folds up nice and tight to fit into my pocket. I'm still thinking about filters though. I'd like to start with a yellow, but then it will make the whole package a little longer and less compact. :( What do you do for b&w filters + hood solution?

The 24mm ring is the rest of a rubber hood; I thought better a small hood than none (the 35 LED is only the second backup). For the Rollei 35 S I ordered a aluminium hood from ebay. I received a ND, a yellow and an orange filter in 30,5mm from the fellow RFFer sanmich (thanks again!), but didn´t use them until now. I don´t have any filters for the 24mm mount.

Hi Petronius,
I see the family is expanding! I like some of your latest shots with the S model on your blogsite. Especially the ones of the fence and the railing. I'm interested to hear your take on the different characters of the lenses once you've had some mileage on them.

The Triotar is very clean. The sharpness is not so different and when I increase the contrast of the Triotar shot, the two pictures don´t look so different to me. The lightning situation was evil, the sun right above the upper border and I used no hoods.

After two months shooting 100% digital I´m back in the Rollei/Polypan business:

Rollei%2B35%2B244.09.jpg

Rollei%2B35%2B244.12.jpg

Looking through the clean Rollei finder is really a pleasure after the EVF: nothing to see but the picture!

Zeno,

Good to see you are back, and with the usual high quality from the Rollie :)

I was looking at some of your "adventures" with odd lenses on your digital gear - very interesting and inspiring. Must see what I can do with some of the junk I have lying around ;)

Thank you John! Yes, this is fun, but the handling is no way as pleasing as a mechanical and manual camera. I´m thinking about a new challenge these days, that is to use all my film camera/lense combos and shoot one film with each of them. I´ll decide this when I have a final list of my gear.

Well, I have decided that I still have far too many cameras, and will be rationalising down to just 2 - the M3 and MP - oh, and the Rollei 35, of course ;)

As for film, these days I only seem to shoot Eastman 5222 and 5231 in B&W and Extar in colour. Sadly, Tri-X is now so pricey that I don't even bother to check availability. I do have some Polypan though, so I should get rolling with some of that before what passes as our summer is all over....

I made some tries to decrease the number of my cameras in the past. Worked best when I was in need for money;-) But in the last days I exercised the shutters of many of my oldies and decided that I will have to put some film in most of them. So in my gear blog you will find new pictures from old cameras.

Back