Rollei 35S Conundrum

571514m3

Established
Local time
4:18 PM
I have always loved my little Rollei 35 S. But I love my M3 more. So every now and then I take out the Rollei, use it for a while, marvel at how perfect it is and...put it back.

Now the thing is that I not only have the 35S but also:
E15B and 121BC flash, self timer, a full set of Hoya close up lenses with instructions, boxes, manuals etc. It is a really nice set.

And until recently on eBay they were quite cheap but now are listed at $3-600. I would not mind selling it at a super reasonable price to someone who would really want it.

And that was what I thought when I sold a perfect Polaroid Land 180 with films to someone on the bay. Only that b!@#$ used the films, deliberately broke the shutter and then sent it back demanding the money which PayPal refunded and there I was. I thought that was low and decided not to auction again.

So what to do, how to sell it and would the flash *2 plus other stuff add value to the camera? Maybe list it here on RFF? If you have an idea on what I should ask then please PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
In about a week we are closing our PayPal account, it’s basically a crooked operation. You complain about a non delivery or a quality issue and they will side with the retailer. They have shafted me with a chinese company in the last month and then another from Spain around the same time.
American Express will protect you but the PayPal vermin just want their % from the supposed transaction, if they refund they loose their cut.
I am totally through with them.
Keep the Rollei, it will gain in value, I have a 35SE that Fleenor will end up working on, bought it in London back in 1980, the paint covering has bubbled off on the top and winding arm but mechanically it just needs a service.
A few hundred $ is peanuts nowadays.

Close up setting for Rollei 35

Close up setting for Rollei 35

Nice set! How do you calculate the focus with the close-up lenses?

That's too easy. It is a relationship of focus setting on the lens with the close-up lens at a set distance from the camera. Just use a small 1m tape measure. I've attached the details!

Attachments

• IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3547.jpg
    IMG_3547.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Back