Rollei Flash comb. Attachment Arm

comet_catcher

Local time
5:38 PM
I just purchased a Rollei Flash Combination (comb.) flash unit. These are generally used as remote flashes and have no internal battery or a manual flash test button. They are triggered by the master flash unit located on the camera. My question is what was the standard attachment arm for these units? Mine came with nothing and I'm assuming that they would be attached to a tripod or the like. I haven't seen any attachment arms out there other than the standard one for the Bay 1, 2 or 3 attachment around the viewing lens, or the flat shoe that attaches to the Rollei Magic, neither of which seem to be what I need. Any body out there have an answer? Thanks.

Well, after a lot of research I have discovered the answer on my own. For anyone else interested, here it is . . . .

The bottom of ALL Rollei Flash units (RolleiFlash 1/2/M/comb) have a 3/8" x 16 thread count hole in their bottom (strange that a flash made in Germany in the 50s and 60s would have a non-metric thread). I found an adapter on Amazon that has a 3/8" x 16 male to a 1/4" x 20 female threading so it can be screwed up into the RolleiFlash and then accept a standard 1/4" x 20 tripod thread. This way these remote flashes can be placed at a distance away from the camera to provide fill and easily positioned using a tripod. Now I just need to find some 10-20 foot Rollei PC extension cords. Difficult but not impossible.

Well, after a lot of research I have discovered the answer on my own. For anyone else interested, here it is . . . .

The bottom of ALL Rollei Flash units (RolleiFlash 1/2/M/comb) have a 3/8" x 16 thread count hole in their bottom (strange that a flash made in Germany in the 50s and 60s would have a non-metric thread). I found an adapter on Amazon that has a 3/8" x 16 male to a 1/4" x 20 female threading so it can be screwed up into the RolleiFlash and then accept a standard 1/4" x 20 tripod thread. This way these remote flashes can be placed at a distance away from the camera to provide fill and easily positioned using a tripod. Now I just need to find some 10-20 foot Rollei PC extension cords. Difficult but not impossible.
I should ammend this statement. I said that all RolleiFlash units have a 3/8" x 16 hole in their bottom; not true. It is only the RolleiFlash 1 and the RoleiFlash Combination (comb) that have this threading. The 2 and M use a completely different system. My apologies.

Back