Rollei LTM Rollei Sonnar 40mm Serial Numbers

Rollei M39 screw mount lenses

Palaeoboy

Joel Matherson
Local time
8:53 AM
Hi Forum, A couple of years ago I was collecting Serial numbers of 40mm Sonnars to try determine the approx quantity made. Although Rollei could give figures for the non Japanese market they no longer had records of how many were produced for the Japanese market. Im still no closer to figuring it out so I thought since it has been a while to see if new owners could send me their numbers if possible. Privately through the message system is good too. Could you also mention if its chrome or black. Thanks again

Im not sure either Back Alley. I dont attach any info with the number just whether is chrome or black so not sure who has given me numbers in the past.

Just resurrecting this thread again for newer members who have joined since last time I asked. Im finally starting to seeing a bit of a pattern in the numbers. But still trying to determine approx how many lenses were produced. Problem being the quantities stated by Rollei apparently dont include those for the Japanese Market which I find odd so any continued additions to my list is most welcome. Please state if its Chrome or Black. Thanks to all those who have messaged me so far, you have been very supportive.

Back