RX-100 v.1 vs. V.2 vs. V3

years ago I bought (at discount) a Hasselblad Stellar (rx100). Still have it and it makes very good images and super convenient. It is also a beautiful camera to Hasselblad's credit.

But is it really a rx100 I?. Well, not exactly, and I found out the hard way. When RX100 FW updates showed up I could not download or use them. I sent to Hasselblad about it and they responded that HBLAD engineers "tweaked" the camera so it does not become an equivalent rx100. No FW updates for me.

So it is a very good camera without (unfortunately) the Sony updates and it is a form of art. Sometime in the unpredictable future the RX100 will fade away but the Stellar will sit in the case of a museum. It's not boring to look at nor a displeasure to fondle.

I bought my wife the RX 100 1, she (and, um, I) used it a lot. Then I dropped it. Only on to a wooden floor but it died.

I bought her a new one for her birthday, can't remember if I looked at the V2 but went for the V3 which was pricey but not that much more than the V1 - and was absolutely worth it. The VF is really, really useful.

OUrs came wiht a little leather cover which is really handy for drop protection, too. Don't ask me how I know

Back