Rx1 spec change

1/2000 at f/2, 1/3200 at f/4, and 1/4000 from f/5.6 and below it seems. Don't forget flash sync at ALL speeds. Leaf shutter (X100 behaves the same), so it should be whisper quiet.

Continuous AF is not gone. They simply wanted to streamline the stills to video transition. So now, it is just called AF instead of AF-C and AF-S (no AF-S during video of course). Sony does this in most of their high-end cameras.

The AF-C and AF-S for stills can most likely be changed in the menus.

^^ Although i see on the sony.ca order site the expected delivery date is 12/27/2012 for new pre-orders.

This sort of thing happened with the NEX-7 where early orders were higher in the queue but given the flooding in Thailand I never had the patience to wait it out. This proved to be a good thing as production cameras in the hands of users showed some of my very lenses were quite problematic on the NEX-7.

plus i want a few folks to test it out before i buy it...

Hey, that's what "catch and release" is for. Provided they are in short supply, like the NEX-7 was, albeit for different reasons, early on it should be possible to dispose of said camera for at least what is paid for it, give or take a few bucks.

I might yet cancel my order... we'll see what the early experience folks say next week.

Catch and release on a hot camera could make a profit. But if it is not popular I think one would be very lucky to break even..

Gary

I sold my X100 while they were still in short supply in Vancouver for not much off retail. Basically I paid the taxes but got to use it extensively for three months - not a bad rental gig.

When NEX-7's first showed up here they were going for obscene amounts over list; not sure how many sold at those prices but I bet retail+tax = break even was easily doable for some period of time.

This one... dunno. Might be a buyers market.

Back