S-mount/Contax/Jupiter deep rear cap help

richardHaw

junk scavenger
Local time
4:11 PM
anybody knows who's selling them or can somebody please point me to a 3D printer plan?
i used to be able to buy these from Arrow camera in Tokyo but I now live in a camera desert!

wanting to use this for my 5cm/1.1 and other lenses with big butts...

Jon, are you still here?

I saw a place on ebay from england that was selling them. 3d printed ones, reasonably priced.

Ah, here you go:

thanks! oh, its Simon, not sure if i met him before in Tokyo... :oops: :oops: :oops:
let's see how much it will cost to send over the atlantic.

Cheaper than the original ones I've seen ;) Of course, I'm looking at postage to the US so that's not great but not horrible either.

Those look great to me! They definitely look more sturdy than the original plastic Nikon caps. I think the metal Nikon caps are the best, but those look like a good option. I've always been reluctant to buy a lens without a rear cap.

I'll vouch for Simon Forster's caps. I got one of his rear caps for 50mm Contax lenses (as the originals are basically hen's teeth), and it fits like a glove and is more than sturdy enough to last.

He also made me a custom cap to cover the eyepiece of a Focoslide or Visoflex 1. It took him no time at all to design and print it, and it's absolutely perfect.

I'm not even going to bother hunting for unusual caps any more. Just go straight to Simon - it's easier.

I don't know where you're located, but the Forster caps do have a US eBay store where you can order them with free shipping.

I use these caps . they work OK. Simple to acquire and faster than scrounging around for the real thing.

I have a variety of caps from Simon Forster including a deep rear Nikon cap and they all work very well, and as people have said they are cheap and sturdy.

How deep do you need it?
I have a 14mm deep design, can be updated to match your height and you print it.

Otherwise check this one:

Last edited:
How deep do you need it?
I have a 14mm deep design, can be updated to match your height and you print it.

Otherwise check this one:
Oh, that's a really good design. One of the (many, many) things that has always frustrated me when using a Kiev or Contax is that changing from 50mm to any other lens means managing different styles of rear caps. One Cap To Rule Them All is a smart move.

I think this might work for 85 and longer lenses for Contax/Nikon RF, but the 50 mm component would have to go for the wide angle lenses that I am familiar with such as the 21 and 35 mm Biogons. So you would still have a small 50 mm cap floating around in your camera bag...

Oh, that looks neat. I download the files as my son is getting a 3D printer from me for his birthday tomorrow and I could use a new cap for my J-12 and 2 for 50mm lenses for my Nikon S-2 :devilish:

Back