California (Bay Area, Northern) Sacramento Road Trip Oct. 21st

I am jealous..... I wish I could have gone to this gathering of good people......

Next time you're here Michael we'll introduce you to the Sacramento crew.

Must have been the oat meal you had for breakfast.

You never know!

Here's a link to a few pics I scanned in from the fine Kentmere 400 test I shot up in Sacto. The film is interesting, still mucking around with it. My scanner is doing strange things with skin tones from it at the moment so I'm not posting shots of you stallions until it's all sorted out.

Next time you're here Michael we'll introduce you to the Sacramento crew.

You never know!

Here's a link to a few pics I scanned in from the fine Kentmere 400 test I shot up in Sacto. The film is interesting, still mucking around with it. My scanner is doing strange things with skin tones from it at the moment so I'm not posting shots of you stallions until it's all sorted out.

Kent those shots look good to me.Lots of contrast,crisp which I like.:)Yeah Dizzy's skin tone is a little washed out.

Thanks Randy. I just popped up a few more into that set. My scanner is actually accentuating the grain (making it worse than it really is), I'm fairly impressed with this stuff so far. TMAX 400 is still my fav but this stuff is a very good value for a fairly solid bit of performance.

It was a great outing. Sorry you missed it, Mike!

(I've forgotten how to copy photos from the Gallery to a thread. Sorry for all the deletions).

Yes, another fun gathering. Nice lihgt, fall colors, great folks, and some interesting gear-of course. Caffeine won out over alcohol (we needed MikeL there to push the booze button). New pal Kojo, with luck, could be a Leica M6 TTL-toting pal in a week or so, we'll see. Meanwhile, I discovered that my M2 had HP5 400 in it rather than the FP4 125 I thought was in there; could make for interesting images. Randy: I am selling some camera bags (LOwe, Billingham) so let's get you out of the rolling luggage deal, if'n you want to. All be well, have a fine long weekend, stay in touch.

Back